Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Thank you Jeff.

Ok, i was able to get the engine mounted and the oil system completed tonight. I scratch built an oil filter to replicate the System 1 replaceable element filter, the oil system is plumbed just like the 1:1 would be. the exit on the oil tank is underneath the tank but it should be on the front side, I didn't take that into consideration and made my steering rack to close to the tanks. won't make that mistake on the next one, i also made and added the fire nozzles and line. I hope to have the fuel system done,intake mounted and front suspension one by end of the weekend. I also have the front brakes on the way from Jim (micronitro) Big thanks to Dave (comp1839) for help with the oil system.

Used Protech line and RB motion fittings.

011-vi.jpg

010-vi.jpg

008-vi.jpg

STILL CAN'T GET OVER HOW REAL THOSE WELD DECALS LOOK

Me too! If I didn't know they were decals, I would be sure that Joe had used somekind of mini-welding machine. :D

The oil system looks excellent to me, just like in 1:1 cars! This is absolutely inspiring build, keeps me going. Thanks for sharing it.

MAN, THAT LOOKS GREAT JOE!

STILL CAN'T GET OVER HOW REAL THOSE WELD DECALS LOOK

Thx. Tom, I was surprised how good the decals looked, very happy the way they turned out.

Me too! If I didn't know they were decals, I would be sure that Joe had used somekind of mini-welding machine. :D

The oil system looks excellent to me, just like in 1:1 cars! This is absolutely inspiring build, keeps me going. Thanks for sharing it.

Thx. Niko, I'm happy that I could inspire someone .

Edited by Prostreet

Joe.... man this build is off the hook. killer detail. it is inspiring to see the engine mounted along with the killer detail on the oil system. I cant wait to get to this point with my funny car build although I am getting close to being able to get the chassis in paint.

I am also working on getting those pics out to you as well. I apologize it has taken me longer than it should.

Joe.... man this build is off the hook. killer detail. it is inspiring to see the engine mounted along with the killer detail on the oil system. I cant wait to get to this point with my funny car build although I am getting close to being able to get the chassis in paint.

I am also working on getting those pics out to you as well. I apologize it has taken me longer than it should.

Thx. Chris, ya.ya i keep hearing about these so called pictures LOL J/K dude not a problem.

Joe looks great the detail work is amazing.

Thx. Mike appreciate it.

What he said! Love watching your WIP.

Thx. Dirk appreciate it.

Edited by Prostreet

Well had a little set back with the fuel system with regards to the fuel pump, So i'm working with someone now to try and get one made. I decided to get the front suspension on and steering done, The wheels are not attached yet since i still need to do the brakes, I have some lamb front brakes coming from Jim. I figured i would get some pictures with all the wheels on and the rear section of body.

002-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

009-vi.jpg

11-vi.jpg

Last view is what all you NOS and Blower guys will see LOL.

011-vi.jpg

Joe...those color combos will be nice. I have one of the tom mcewen 57 chevy funny car that has the side trim decals. I can scan ot so you can use it as a start ans scale it up since it is a 1/25 scale. if you think that will help let me know and I will shoot it over to you.