Model Cars Magazine Forum

04 pontiac gto

jon halt

heres the amt gto kit. i only got the body painted and cleared because of college but the body is painted duplicolor bahama blue right out of the can followed by ppg rainbow flakes in autoair transparent binder followed by a pinch of blue metal flakes in ppg clear. the everything locked in with acouple coats of straight ppg clear. the wetsanded and polished and wax. tell me what ya think. the flakes really pop in sunlight but more pictures to come soon.100_4431.jpg100_4430.jpg100_4428.jpg100_4427.jpg100_4426.jpg

I started this kit a few months ago and put it on the back burner to finish a funny car. I own a 1:1 '04 GTO so if you need any reference pics, let me know. Here is what I have done so far...scaleGTOwheel1_zpsb02b62eb.jpggto_parts1a_zpsc33ec38d.jpg

I cut the 4 tabs off the wheels and added a styrene ring so the rims would fit some Bridgestone Expedia tires, and shortened the front struts to lower the car.

Your paint job looks great.

I started this kit a few months ago and put it on the back burner to finish a funny car. I own a 1:1 '04 GTO so if you need any reference pics, let me know. Here is what I have done so far...scaleGTOwheel1_zpsb02b62eb.jpggto_parts1a_zpsc33ec38d.jpg

I cut the 4 tabs off the wheels and added a styrene ring so the rims would fit some Bridgestone Expedia tires, and shortened the front struts to lower the car.

Your paint job looks great.

yea i wouldnt mind some engine pics lol. i havent got to work on it recently since im out of state for school but going back in thanksgiving so ill get the engine caught up and painted. i also need to find a way to put different rims and tires on it. the gto rims are nice but was going with a more custom build i might even throw some blue led bulbs under the dash and chassis just wanted to make a nice show peice since i havent been to a show for awhile. but if you could send me some pics of your gto engine bay i would apprciate it. and if you need any mopar pics let me know my buddy restores and collects them so i could take acouple pics.

DSCF0304.jpgDSCF0305.jpgDSCF0306.jpg

I threw in a few exterior shots, too. I noticed there are no clear spots on the taillights, so you'll have to drill some holes and add clear from some left over sprue. You'll notice my car is not all stock. I put in the Optima battery and K&N intake. Have fun.

Edited by GoatGuy

Interesting effect with the rainbow flake, I'm interested to see how this turns out!

thanks they spray perfect through a mini spray gun but i used my airbrush for my models and it didnt let all the flakes spray out but it has just enough to catch the eyes.

DSCF0304.jpgDSCF0305.jpgDSCF0306.jpg

I threw in a few exterior shots, too. I noticed there are no clear spots on the taillights, so you'll have to drill some holes and add clear from some left over sprue. You'll notice my car is not all stock. I put in the Optima battery and K&N intake. Have fun.

thanks for the pics. is a gto suppose to be stock lol? you gotta let the horses out lol

Amen to that. But the next $ spent on it will be maintenance like shocks, struts, find out what that noise is up front and change the diff. fluid. I have 97,000 miles on it. Too fun to drive to let it sit.

But this subject is about your car, not mine. Looking forward to more of your build.