Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good luck to all in the New England area...

The entire City of Quincy is blacked out. Will be until tomorrow. The roads are so bad, they won't even send out the power trucks.

Most of our outages are on the South Shore of Boston, which is actually helpful, as it'll make getting things running again a lot faster.

Charlie Larkin

It's 6am and still dark, but doesn't look too bad here in the mountains .. the boys near the coast are getting it all this time. Was a lot of drifting so hard to tell how much .. think we're lucky to have over a foot. My steep driveway faces the east and looks like the snowplow hit it once already, but I know he hasn't. The wind has been keeping the snow off it I think. But I'm happy .. I get to try my new Mini 4wd!!!! :lol:

I called my wife when the Governor put a ban out on all roads but her boss wouldn't let anyone leave early! a pretty cheap place ... She made it fine with her Audi Q5.

Edited by Foxer

Good luck to everyone north & east of me. We only got about 8-10" in Queens. Watching what the east end of Long Island, Conn, & Mass. received is frightening. 3' of snow is an issue with such highly populated areas, especially the power outages. Wish everyone the best in returning to normal.

Just took this photo 5 minutes ago . . . mid 70's today . And Harry's right , the humidity can be a killer most of the time but I haven't seen a bug bigger than 1/64th scale for quite a while ! :D

Seriously . . . everybody take care and good luck .

000_0002-14_zps4b68f503.jpg

Just took this photo 5 minutes ago . . . mid 70's today . And Harry's right , the humidity can be a killer most of the time but I haven't seen a bug bigger than 1/64th scale for quite a while ! :D

Seriously . . . everybody take care and good luck .

Geez, you didn't have to rub it in! :lol:

We ended up with around 30". Even though it's light snow, removing it is exhausting even with a snow-thrower by virtue of the huge volume.

I'll take some pictures. As soon as I can get to CVS to get them developed, I'll share.

The travel ban will be lifted at 4:00 P.M., which is good. I'm getting a little cabin fever.

Mike- glad to see your wife got home okay. Did you trade your Infiniti for the Countryman? And how do you like it?

Mark- LOVE the picture! I saved a copy for myself.

Charlie Larkin

Well, our neighbor stopped by with his W3500 and cleared the end of the driveway and about 95% of what else was left. It was scary for a moment when he actually got stuck in our driveway!

I then moved the car and cleaned that up. Dad's is at the shop, so that was one less to work around.

Drive ban will be lifted at 4:00 and I'm going to go out and get some more pictures.

Charlie Larkin

We ended up with around 30". Even though it's light snow, removing it is exhausting even with a snow-thrower by virtue of the huge volume.

Mike- glad to see your wife got home okay. Did you trade your Infiniti for the Countryman? And how do you like it?

Charlie Larkin

Yeah, the Infiniti is gone. After getting stuck last storm at bottom of driveway, I went and got a 4wd the next day. The Mini Countryman is a bit more SUV looking than I'd like but it's still drives like a Mini so it's fun.

30"! way too much for me!

30"! Geez Charlie, the forecast was right! You guys really got smacked... the same storm passed through here a day before it got to you and we only got maybe 3 inches at most.

Oh yes we did.

I ended up going out for a while to visit a handicapped friend who doesn't deal well with isolation for long periods, and the roads weren't too bad.

I took some time to drive around town and took some pictures. I'll get the film developed tomorrow and post the photos to Photobucket.

Charlie Larkin