Model Cars Magazine Forum

1938, ford c.o.e pickup ,SURFZILLA ,10-12-14 UP DATE , [ COLOR ] !

I want,ed to do a c.o.e surfer ,s truck ,i started with a 41 chevy cab because it has the rounded roof that the 38 has ,i,m also useing the front fenders from the AMT 36 ford coupe as they to look more like the 38 fenders ,a 38 grill ,the rest is scratch built ,

2eob0jl.jpg

2rmtfr5.jpg

2873nk8.jpg

Edited by bpletcher55

thanks guy,s for the positive in put ,

here is one more shot .the wheels are from the 38 kit and the tires are from the revel 32, kit,s,the rear wheels have been widened ,and the tires have the white walls painted ,

15n6fzt.jpg

Edited by bpletcher55

working on this is harder than i thought it would be , belt line is proving to be difficult but i think i have it ,made a FORD badge using the emblem from the 38 hood side ,cut it out and sanded it from the back side ti thin it down ,glued a small rod on to the back and drilled a whole in the cab to mount it ,this way i can remove it as needed ,started on the out line for the front engine cover that the grill is mounted to , also made vent for the engine compartment . let me know how it looks , comments good or bad ,

2crlmwx.jpg

3177cdg.jpg

IT,S RAINING HERE IN PA SO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS , been working on the bed ,those are 37 ford sedan fenders widened ,tubbed in to the bed sides , the silver part is going to be the gas tank ,the rest is a tonneau cover ,two surf boards will be mounted on top , this is going to be a surf shop truck ,

8yhris.jpg

k9svfc.jpg

kbrfjt.jpg