Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 mustang project "UNTAMED"

bodeen2012

revell 1969 mustang with the revell saleen convertible chassis and interior . in the early stages . Using a mockup body for now . haven't decided on the power plant i do know it will be a 4.6l or a 5.4l . here are some pics they are pretty crappy .

IMG_20121107_224201.jpg

IMG_20121107_224047.jpg

IMG_20121107_224042.jpg

IMG_20121107_223923.jpg

Edited by bodeen2012

this is my inspiration for this build . it's the pure vision anvil mustang built by steve strope

01_anvil-1969-mustang-sema.jpg

I'm not gonna build a replica of it cause my modeling skills are not there yet. maybe one day, but i love the body on this car . Having seen this car up close it is a awesome piece of engineering .

Edited by bodeen2012

I'm working on a 68 Shelby with the 5.4 Terminator. Trust me its a lot of work to get it to sit right and I'm not sure on the 69 but the supercharger won't clear the stock hood on the 68. Not trying to discourage you, just a heads up. I'm sure with the Anvil as inspiration you'll knock it out man!

I'm working on a 68 Shelby with the 5.4 Terminator. Trust me its a lot of work to get it to sit right and I'm not sure on the 69 but the supercharger won't clear the stock hood on the 68. Not trying to discourage you, just a heads up. I'm sure with the Anvil as inspiration you'll knock it out man!

this is true it doesn't fit with the stock chassis . but i'm not using the stock chassis i'm using highly modified sn95 chassis and i don't know if i'm gonna go with a supercharger , turbo or n/a. its to early in this build to decide that . i might even go with a boss 429 . thanks for the heads up though. i will have a update tomorrow including which wheels i am going with

If you don't mind me saying... The wheels in your first photos look way better than the GT500 wheels. Look forward to progress.

i dont't mind at all .

I still might go with the pegasus wheels haven't really decided yet . i think when i get all the body work done and get it in primer i will make a final decision .