Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thank you guys for you compliments.

I have picked the color combo, but I am not sure yet about the theme...

Things are getting bad day after day here in Greece. Yesterday we had elections for second time in just 2 months. We hope that this time we are going thru.

I have no job since November, but my plenty of time is going to trying to find a new job to live and not for model building. I am consumer electronics technician and nowdays is too hard to find a new job. I am looking also for anything just like a worker or anything but things here are too bad.

I hope to find a job soon, then I will complain for not having free time.... lol LOL!!!!

Kostas.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, nice to see some interest for my build.

After a too long period of having no job, a few weeks ago I got a part time job. Nothing special and miles away from my electronics technician carrer, but you know what, it is a job that at the moment feeds my wife and kid.

The reborn project is now sitting in the side of my workbench waiting for supplies. I can't spend money to purchase primer and paint cans, so I am working on other rebuild projects.

Kostas.

Kostas, I understand about having spare time that you don't, exactly, want.....You have to keep the money flowing or things fall apart....I pray you do find a job in your field....God bless you and your family with success.....He loves us all....

Great work, by the way....I absolutely love how you did the front fenders.....It's so simple, I think, even I could do it..... :D

Look's like someone is having fun! nice work so far.

Yeah, its really funy to rework on past projects and giving them a new life but it is really sad when you come to the point that you want, but you can't go to the next step because you run out of supplies. I should post a few photos of my other projects although they are European makes so not a lot interest here.

Kostas, I understand about having spare time that you don't, exactly, want.....You have to keep the money flowing or things fall apart....I pray you do find a job in your field....God bless you and your family with success.....He loves us all....

Great work, by the way....I absolutely love how you did the front fenders.....It's so simple, I think, even I could do it..... :D

JT, thank you for your kind words, really apreciated. As for the front fenders it is a really simple idea, not 100% correct executed. I had to use little stripes of plastic inside the fender to enforce the additional part but didn't do it.

Kostas.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I am still working slowly on this build. I managed to puss it a few steps forward. As stated before this was a gluebomb and now its taking its time, I am taking my time to improve my skills and new technics.

So this is an overall look to the frame before the latest works.

Because the steering axle was badly damaged I decided to scracth one

Kostas,

I am glad to see you are working on this project again. I really like your headache rack/toolbox. I may do one like it.

I hope life has gotten better for you ( job).  Back when I was down and ou because of the economy.I always thought to myself.

"No matter how bad things got for me. There would always be someone who was worse off than me ! "  You have a family and a good hobby. Things will always get better!

Be Well

Gator

Kostas,

I am glad to see you are working on this project again. I really like your headache rack/toolbox. I may do one like it.

I hope life has gotten better for you ( job).  Back when I was down and ou because of the economy.I always thought to myself.

"No matter how bad things got for me. There would always be someone who was worse off than me ! "  You have a family and a good hobby. Things will always get better!

Be Well

Gator

Financial issues are going from bad to worst here in Greece, now we are heading for the 3rd elections just in 2015. But I also realized that what matters is my whife, my little girl and me. Of course I am disapointed knowing that I probably will never work again on my profetional work as an electronics/hardware technician, but any job is good as it is paying you to live and feed your family.

I wish Greece will manage to recover asap, not for me, I am now 36, my most productive years are gone, but for the kids, the kids are the future and I want the best not only for my kid but for every sinlge kid.

Kostas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, quick update, plain combo red and white can't go wrong, my first ever with a two colors combo. Had a small paint failure with the fuel tanks and the headache rack, but thats ok, bad things happents. So here she is...

peterbilt359restoration0077_zpssnczhn1u.

peterbilt359restoration0076_zps9bxqwmmi.

peterbilt359restoration0075_zpsdewaqghl.

peterbilt359restoration0074_zpsjxnjfh1l.

peterbilt359restoration0073_zps6y53ij8j.

I like her also without the headache rack, but I will follow the project as it was originaly planed.

I hope you guys like it.

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas Parchas
fixing grammar mistakes

• 3 years later...