Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest Moebius LoneStar News

It's been a while since I last posted here. Just got another inquiry regarding release dates for the LoneStar.

The kit is being produced now. We have a Ship Date of 4/5 for the first container of kits...

That date is an approximate date and it could be a day or two later before the container actually gets on a boat..

Allowing for transit time to the US west coast and reasonable time for it to clear U.S.Customs first avaialability at retail around the end of April is possible.

Please remember that there are always possible hiccuops and hold-ups that can occur - we have had shipments held up in Customs for over a week in the past...Kits arriving in the first container should be reaching retailers not much later than Mid may under worst circumstances and by end of April if there is no unplanned delay...

Thanks to everyone for your patience...

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Hello Dave,

Great news!!!! I am looking forward to see if it will soon be available in the European market.

Do you have any image of the decals to show us please?????

Dave, I don't realy know if this is up to you, but please note that I know someone here in Greece that he would like to be a Moebius distributor. I have his contact so if Moeabius is interested just PM me.

Greetings,

Kostas.

Chuckyr,

Nope I'm not Hobbyland funny you should ask... I worked for Hobbyland part time or full time for about 25 years. The owners of Hobbyland are very good friends. Unfortunately Hobbyland went out of business several months ago..

Kostas, Thanks, I'll be in touch.

Latest word is that the first continer is still on schedule to depart the factorey on or about 4/5...

Thanks again to everyone.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Hudson body has been revised - we've had a second mock-up of the body and new 3D files to chew on... green light was given to redo the tooling about a week or so ago - probably looking at a mid June ship date from the orient now if everything comes out of the molds looking like the approved 3D files.

Just finished up on C300 revised 3D's this afternoon - probably going to get a second mock-up of that body before we revise that set of tools... It looks 100% better now...I'd guess best case scenario for the 300 is 45-60 days after the Hudson...

Dave

Chuckyr,

Nope I'm not Hobbyland funny you should ask... I worked for Hobbyland part time or full time for about 25 years. The owners of Hobbyland are very good friends. Unfortunately Hobbyland went out of business several months ago..

OK, we've met. I use to live in Kokomo back in the mid 1990s. I was looking through some old items and came up with one of your old Hobbyland business cards.

Edited by chuckyr

OK, we've met. I use to live in Kokomo back in the mid 1890s. I was looking through some old items and came up with one of your old Hobbyland business cards.

Man, The mid 1980's - seems like that's an awfully long time ago!

Hobbyland closed the doors last summer... I've been going thru hobbyshop withdrawl since then - there's nothing left locally that I'd consider a hobbyshop - can't even find a decent selection of paints around the area...

I've been reduced to buying supplies via e-mail recently..

Edited by Dave Metzner

Man, The mid 1980's - seems like that's an awfully long time ago!

Hobbyland closed the doors last summer... I've been going thru hobbyshop withdrawl since then - there's nothing left locally that I'd consider a hobbyshop - can't even find a decent selection of paints around the area...

I've been reduced to buying supplies via e-mail recently..

Yea, central Indiana has taken quit a hit since 2005. That's why I got the heck out of the their in 1997. I saw it coming! I guess you have to make the drive to Indy or Chicago! Is Big Boy's Toys on Allisonville in Indy still open?

Hey Dave I do know you! You know my dad as well, Mark Hessey? We used to come in slot when we were flying tc planes, heck it's been maybe 10-12 years now?

Chad

Hi Chad,

10-12 years ago is a long time ago, while working at Hobbyland I knew just enough about RC flying to be dangerous - other than steering newbies away from advanced models to simple trainers and pointing them toward our local RC flying clubs so they could get some dual control instruction and find a good place to fly safely I tried to let the guys who flew RC take care of RC customers I tried to stick to working with plastic model customers.

I probably met you and your dad but that's a looooong time ago.... these days I have a tough time remebering what I did 12 days ago let alone anything that happened 12 years ago.

I just know that I sure miss having a real Hobbyshop within a 5 minute drive!

Best regards,

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Guest Johnny

:D I CAN'T WAIT!

I can!!!

Sorry but the newer trucks just aren't my thing. For some reason it kind of reminds me of the Joker from Bat Man!:lol:

I like the old semi tractors from 40's-70's.:P

It's been a while since I last posted here. Just got another inquiry regarding release dates for the LoneStar.

The kit is being produced now. We have a Ship Date of 4/5 for the first container of kits...

That date is an approximate date and it could be a day or two later before the container actually gets on a boat..

Allowing for transit time to the US west coast and reasonable time for it to clear U.S.Customs first avaialability at retail around the end of April is possible.

Please remember that there are always possible hiccuops and hold-ups that can occur - we have had shipments held up in Customs for over a week in the past...Kits arriving in the first container should be reaching retailers not much later than Mid may under worst circumstances and by end of April if there is no unplanned delay...

Thanks to everyone for your patience...

Dave

Tomorrow tomorrow, their shipping tomorrow, it's only a daaaaay awayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!! B)