Model Cars Magazine Forum

Latest Moebius LoneStar News

Guest Johnny

Just a thought but with the introduction of a modern semi tractor to the market are there any plans for a modern trailer of some type to go with it?

Seems ashamed to have something with this much detail and appeal should have to accompanied by an out of date trailer! I know some have and will update a trailer to go with the Lone Star but not all that would build one have the needed talent to undertake such a conversion!

There are no trailer kits that will fit this beautiful new tractor from the GREAT people at Moebius. We will all just have to build our Lonestars and dream of what it would be like to have a modern 53' spread axle chrome plated reefer trailer to place behind our incredible Lonestar. Oh, if only someone...anyone (Moebius) would make a kit of an all new modern accurate trailer, we could rejoice and sing songs! ;)

You could always put the Beall tanker behind it. That's the most "current" kit available.

No Jerry! There's NOOOOOOOOOO trailers available for us poor, poor truck modelers. Oh how nice it would be if someone........would make an all newwwwwwwwww, modern trailer!!!!!! (Get it?) Wouldn't that be awesome if there was a newwwwww trailer to go with this awesome newwwww Lonestar kit. (do you see my point now?) B);););)

No Jerry! There's NOOOOOOOOOO trailers available for us poor, poor truck modelers. Oh how nice it would be if someone........would make an all newwwwwwwwww, modern trailer!!!!!! (Get it?) Wouldn't that be awesome if there was a newwwwww trailer to go with this awesome newwwww Lonestar kit. (do you see my point now?) :(B):P;)

Point taken. Can you tell it's been awhile since I was in a hobby store?

WE NEED "NEW" TRAILER KITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good News! The first container has arrived and cleared customs so kits are shipping to wholesalers now...

Should start arriving on store shelves and other retail outlets within the next week - 10 days or so!

1st container is sold out - second one is already en route... Should have enough for now....

Good News! The first container has arrived and cleared customs so kits are shipping to wholesalers now...

Should start arriving on store shelves and other retail outlets within the next week - 10 days or so!

1st container is sold out - second one is already en route... Should have enough for now....

You made my day Dave!! ;)

Yea, central Indiana has taken quit a hit since 2005. That's why I got the heck out of the their in 1997. I saw it coming! I guess you have to make the drive to Indy or Chicago! Is Big Boy's Toys on Allisonville in Indy still open?

Big Boys is at Post Rd and Pendleton Pike on Indy Eastside. The only other local hobby shop is Big 4 in Plainfield.

It,s pretty slim pickings anymore, Tom Metzler retired.

So far so good! Really too soon to tell for sure.. we're encouraged by the reception that the kit is receiving. We're very pleased that the first container of kits was sold and we had a good start on the second before the first ever got here..

Should get second test shots of Hudson Hornet by mid May and second test shots of C300 maybe 45 days after that..

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

So far so good! Really too soon to tell for sure.. we're encouraged by the reception that the kit is receiving. We're very pleased that the first container of kits was sold and we had a good start on the second before the first ever got here..

Should get second test shots of Hudson Hornet by mid May and second test shots of C300 maybe 45 days after that..

Dave

That's good to hear! When Moebius is happy, Everyone is happy!!!!!!!! :unsure: