Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #52 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

• Real
    • Model

Very close vote... I fooled about half of you.

It's REAL!

"Beatnik" was an extensive, four-year project from Gary Chopit Kustom Cars, Inc. and started by completely removing the roof from a '55 Ford. It uses a mix of Cadillac and Lincoln components, including canted quad headlights for the front fenders, and Cadillac rear end. The powerplant, which can be seen through a large hood opening, is a highly polished Chevrolet small-block V8 with six carburetors. The "Beatnik" won the coveted $20,000 grand prize at the Darryl Starbird's National Rod and Custom Car Show this year in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The "Beatnik" is estimated in value at $350,000 - $450,000.

:)

Next ROM coming MONDAY!

yes wonder what the losers look like too, Probably better than that. Wonder if it was a 55 2door car or 55 4door. If it was a 2 door id be mad. Wonder how someone even came up with that. I mean i like some show rods but that is just to plain ugly. And uglyer and my glasses would crack :(

Well, come on, that prize was in the 60's right? I think that to appreciate this custom you'll have to put that into considderation, things were supposed to look different, and btw, look what cars that fashion created, compared to those all-look-alikes we got now.... :(

Just look at the "Beatnik Bandit" and "Mysterion".

And further mo....... Whawhawhawha!!!! THIS YEAR???

Now... i voted real, does that mean i get the car? Guess i'm the only one here who would love to see peoples faces from the inside of this thing... :lol::lol: , but again, my favourite car of all time is the -58 Continental...

Edited by JAFFA