Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think J-Bot decals does hoodbirds for these cars. If you do a google Search for J-Bot decals, you should find it.

I have the 1/20 1981 Turbo kit (Mongram) done as the Nascar Pace Car, but it's not really an 81; they didn't put the bird in the gas door!

You can always print the decals yourself, too, but I don't know how well that would work.

There is a Monogram Turbo with the red bird, and I really want that. One day I'll find it.

Just email him and see what he says.

He's in my club, and we have a meeting this week coming up. I'll try to remember to ask him, but he's not always there.

He makes a lot of decals, so I can't see that he wouldn't make non-turbo birds.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, that looks awesome! Black bird, eh? That's not correct, from what I have seen. That's a shame, because other than that, yes, those decals are the ones for my car! That's a great looking job on that kit, too! Nice work!

Man I wish winter was over so I could jam some G'n'R in the tape deck and drive my beast around a bit! Soon, though, I guess.

One day I hope to find that Monogram kit, even if the bird is a bit off. I don't know, though, from here, the bird does look maroon-ish, but that's likely my eyes and the camera playing tricks on me,eh?

My Dad had a '81 Turbo black on black many year's ago. I remember riding to the baby sitter's in it and sliding all over in the snow, guess that's when he decided to let it go....dang kid's ruin everything haha. I hope to build a replica of it for him some day.

• 1 month later...

My mom had a 67 Firebird when I was a wee one. I remember some squirly drives in it, too! Lots of chance to see the world go by as it was doing doughnuts in even slighly coolish weather! I think that's why she got a better car, too. well, that and it rusted away brutally...