Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mini Truck Team (Project Returns)

Well This will start in a week or so when i get back from vacation. I want to convert all to 4x4 but may need pointers, all will be orange(like a team) but im missing 1. the chevy luv... the kits all seem way to steep... But here are the kits, also smoothside beds would be nice too, may have to hunt em down. All 1/25 scale hoping all will have thier stock 4cyl engines. The dodge and ford will sport mazda and mitsubishi logos on their windshields even though they are the american versions.

Datsun 620 (needs original 4 cyl not chevy v8 and smoothside bed)

_57_zpsec90d813.jpg

Toyota Hilux

_573_zpsf94945aa.jpg

Ford Courier(want smoothside bed)

_571_zps6ea8d353.jpg

Dodge D50

_572_zps502fa782.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

Something change? I always though you were more of a full size truck guy. Anyway these trucks can be a lot of fun and have a ton of possibilities. Someday I need to get around to making a trugie and a pre-runner.

i am and still prefer the american trucks, if i stay owning a truck itll always be a ford f150 best 2 vehicles ive had wait the only 2... My full size truck kits will taunt these little guys(well if it were the world of toy story). Don't forget i only drive 4x4. These were just to change up the muscle cars and big us trucks, these are all of foreign design.

Edited by Platerpants

last but not least i finally won an auction on ebay this time the chevy luv, although the chopped top and custom front end dont fit the offroad look itll have to do.

_57_zps57f76168.jpg

Monogram kitted one with a stock height roof. Should not be too hard to find.

Monogram kitted one with a stock height roof. Should not be too hard to find.

Yes but its 1/24 i was strictly looking for 1/25, i'm going to mod the roof on this to be stock height, will have to make windshield. according to my ebay account all my models have arrived except the Toyota and Luv. Cant wait to start my new collection, might follow up this collection with a ranger and S-10 i already have a Dakota. again i see 1/25 superior to 1/24 scale(don't ask i'm weird that way....)

Little input needed, im thinking about seeing if the toyota front axle will work for all of them since its already 4x4. But if it is ill need to learn resin casting at a cheaper price seeing how i spent my money on models. Best way to mold and all. if not ill spend money on axles over time, after all i did invest in 5 kits plus i work 40 hours a week.

Watching this one. I did the Courier a few years ago. I went 4x4 with mine as well....

DSC00962.jpg

my "helper" (it seemed like I did all the work though)...

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

I did a mix of model and RC (Losi micro crawler). Had a lot of fun with the courier and its still going strong...

Thanks Mike. Well looks like the trucks will all in someway be getting v8s, i couldnt let the chev and datsun outrun my beloved ford then my dodge loving bro would dog me for leaving the dodge with a 4 cyl so that left all but toyota.. I call it the iV8 it was once an inline 4 so theres the i but also its an imaginary v8 also i. so make of it what you wish. Lots of modding to go. securedownload_zpsc6195004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well lil more on these little guys coming in the future, chevy now has windows for its taller roof. They are all gonna sport a muscle or sport car paint job, the chevy is supposed to represent a chevelle. Still no suspension on this or the dodge, as for the ford and datsun they are on solid front axles.

securedownload_zps2836c718.jpg

All But dodge are standing on their feet now. Oh and i had a little fun yesterday on accident. I was backing into my yard and the grass by the ditch gave out, needless to say i had to have a dodge pull me out..... :angry: Its a very narrow passage, i think i wont be doing that anymore... But anyway the mini trucks are coming along slowly.

securedownload_zpsa9480328.jpg

securedownload1_zps29a97f48.jpg

Oh and the chevy is the only one that will have an independent front suspension.

Edited by Platerpants