Model Cars Magazine Forum

Joker's AMT 1959 EL Camino

Another great build James, color combo is killer. I just have one question, what exactly do the stacks on the back deck behind the back window do? I'm guessing it has something to do with the sterio but to be honest I've never really seen anything like it Neil I joined this site. I also really like your skirt and spike treatment, makes me want to do it to my merc I'm building. What do you use for the chrome spikes? Killer build, sorry for all the questions.

Another great build James, color combo is killer. I just have one question, what exactly do the stacks on the back deck behind the back window do? I'm guessing it has something to do with the sterio but to be honest I've never really seen anything like it Neil I joined this site. I also really like your skirt and spike treatment, makes me want to do it to my merc I'm building. What do you use for the chrome spikes? Killer build, sorry for all the questions.

Jason ...they are called Organ Pipe speaker covers..old school

921001B.jpg

The skirt spears are half round styrene..Evergreen 240.... .040" sanded to a point ..glued in place..then BMF.

Glad you like the El Camino.

@ Richard..going to the Tidewater show on the 27th and if scheduling permits..the Roanoke Fall Show.

Jason ...they are called Organ Pipe speaker covers..old school

921001B.jpg

The skirt spears are half round styrene..Evergreen 240.... .040" sanded to a point ..glued in place..then BMF.

Glad you like the El Camino.

@ Richard..going to the Tidewater show on the 27th and if scheduling permits..the Roanoke Fall Show.

Thanks for the help and the info James, it's much appreciate. I always enjoy watching your builds, looking forward to seeing what you got in store next. Keep up the great work and thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...