Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

Wow, some cool stuff here! Another source for figures is Ulrich Mini Men...you can build them into any pose, standing or sitting or whatever, then putty the joints. I recently bought some so I could start to staff my garage diorama. Might have to reduce my staffing levels!!

Great tip and lead, THANK YOU!

That's cut from Plastruct "Tile" sheet for RailRoad buildings. Each tile is 1.5mm a side. I believe in scale, HO, they are 3'x3'.

I was crosseyed after that one for sure. Crazy Jim thinks the sheet would look good in a custom interior, and I have to concur.

G

Thanks Doc! As i was saying, the Die-ora was a quick slap-job to warm up for the real thing... and unfortunately my Gasser had to take a long trip to the back burner until I can come across the proper pieces...

I went to Wallyworld earlier only to be severely disappointed in their selection of toys to part out, but they redeemed themselves by finally carrying FLAT CLEARCOAT.

:D

I'll finally get to show a good usage of my personal rustwash concoction soon...

Once I get a halftrack and suitable tires on the main vehicle. ^_^

Rob, stop kidding yourself, at the pace you are going, you will probably add about four vehicles to the CARAVAN, and that's wonderful. Also, I like the fact that many of you fellas are thinking of using figures and more importantly EYEGORE's style GIZMOLOGY!

Patrick, did I just see you turn a Vette into a pick up truck? NICE! Great touch. I like it already. Here's a suggestion about those front wheels. I would use the same as in the back. This one is going to look like a killer beefy DONK VETTE to make all those Toothless Zombies into Crepe Suzettes! LOL!

Keep it going.

Yup desperate times call for desperate things. Some while a go came up whit the idea of look se how it would look whit a vette pick up. Then i just had to add the big wheels to it so you don t get stuck racing over them darn zombies. ASnd to have floating capasity in swamps.

Looked trhu my wheels and tire stack and found out that i only got one front tire thats the same as those rears. But no worrie have some other wheels and tires to use in front.

I'm new to the hobby, but I'm in. Being new though, I don't really have any spare kits/pieces lying around. After reading and looking at everything here, I have some pretty cool ideas and just hope that I can find something to build them with. I can't wait to get started. I don't think I have ever been this excited to build something before!!

I'm new to the hobby, but I'm in. Being new though, I don't really have any spare kits/pieces lying around. After reading and looking at everything here, I have some pretty cool ideas and just hope that I can find something to build them with. I can't wait to get started. I don't think I have ever been this excited to build something before!!

Show what you've got as you go...Maybe some of us cand land a hand and some spare parts if we see something that may fit in for ya.

Show what you've got as you go...Maybe some of us cand land a hand and some spare parts if we see something that may fit in for ya.

Will do, I'm thinking of picking this up for a base and just going crazy with some of my ideas. I don't want to spoil too much though.

http://transportmodels.co.uk/us112tonpersonnelcarrierwc63bigshot135scaleplastickit-16845.php?products_id=16845

Some ideas are starting to pop into my head. ( And Cranky you know how dangerous that can be. )

Is there any plan to have an actual caravan at a model car event? December 2012 and January 2013 are months that have very few model car events.

Or are you planning on having a photo caravan?

The reason I ask is that my idea would need to be modified if we did only a photographic caravan as opposed to a live in person caravan........