Model Cars Magazine Forum

ODD Wheels

Im taking possibly very long break from building. Im going to focus more on getting ODD Wheels up and running i also need to save some money for a lathe and a high res 3D printer. Like i Stated in the past my wheels will be based on Forged or 3PC wheels and will only come in 22" all wheel sets will be limited to 20 copies. As a what builders call a wheel (oldest profession)ive got to see the highs and lows of model car wheels and as urban style builder not much has come in the way of wheels in the part few years. Pegasus wheels are dated,Hoppin Hydros hasnt done anything relevant in years,,AMTs donk wheels were ok but failed miserably on the tire department,Fujimis are dated and kinda bland, Revell tried but now it just has the sorriest looking custom wheels of any model company it stuff you would see in the 600$ a set catalog at pepboys again with bad tires. Aoshima caters more to the sporting crowd not the "Urban style" builder. 2013 is going to be interesting year.

this wheel is the first one to come out in January 2013 its getting molded and casted

Oa9yM.jpg

depending on reception they will follow as well

BHuiy.jpg

S6dJ7.jpg

hSu4A.jpg

G36Kp.jpg

OTt0W.jpg

Yhyzh.jpg

3wwfz.jpg

C7gbB.jpg

Edited by Lownslow

I'd like to comment here. My biggest gripe with model manufacturers is they always miss the mark when it comes to wheel tire issues. I want to add ,while I like the images and especialy the last three, I favor the classic 5, 6, spoke design. I wish that they were included in kits along with tires that fit the rim and model real tire options. Just my two cents.

Oh man. Can't you build a little on the side? You do great models and they'll be missed. Best of luck with the wheel/tire venture and I'll look forward to seeing actual products posted.

more than likely the FT86 and Ferrari and whatever else is on the bench but no new builds for a while

I'd like to comment here. My biggest gripe with model manufacturers is they always miss the mark when it comes to wheel tire issues. I want to add ,while I like the images and especialy the last three, I favor the classic 5, 6, spoke design. I wish that they were included in kits along with tires that fit the rim and model real tire options. Just my two cents.

i agree to me i found the modelling community lacking in "luxury" type wheels

That's one heck of a Camaro..

Not much for the door Speakers or Rear facing TV. Can't see it anyways.. ;)

One set of wheels gets a wood insert?

Would look good on a Bentley :D

Asanti did some wood grain wheels back in the late 90s they looked awesome i do plan on releasing a set where it might be doable with balsa

Best of luck to you Frank in your venture, I hope you are successful. If there is one thing most of us will agree on, it is that we do not have enough choices when it comes to wheels and tires- whether it be a set of custom or stock replacements.

I second that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks good, Frank. I like the new trend of "modernizing" the classic wheel designs. Can you adjust the hexagons so that they are regular in construction, with all sides equal like the 1:1 version you posted? To my eye, that's the only thing that throws off the design.

Regards,

Joseph

The 1:1 is a 18 this one is a 20'', I tried but to do that id have to loose the bolt pattern and the proportion gets goofy around the open slots. Edited by Lownslow