Model Cars Magazine Forum

Foose 1/12 Scale '69 Camaro

All of them? I've seen wide variety in R/C wheels ... some that would look good, some that wouldn't look bad, and a lot that just wouldn't work.

Not all of them, the rims made for 1/10 scale touring cars are usually 1.9" while the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec uses 2" and Tamiya's M-Chassis cars use 1.6" rims.

Not all of them, the rims made for 1/10 scale touring cars are usually 1.9" while the Traxxas Nitro 4-Tec uses 2" and Tamiya's M-Chassis cars use 1.6" rims.

Brain fart. Touring cars are 1.9". Always been an off-road guy myself, that's why I had 2.2" on the brain. 1.9"'s would be about 22" in 1/12th scale

I've been doing plenty of research into larger diameter wheels and tires for a 1/12 kit. What I found that I'm going to use on my 1/12 Doyusha Mustang is a set of resin Cragar wheels made for the GT500 kit, along with a set of HPI R/C tires that scale out to be around 19" wheels and roughly 26" tires.

If they do plan on the larger wheels and tires for the Camaro kit, I hope that they make them as "see through" wheels with available 4-wheel disc brakes.

Brain fart. Touring cars are 1.9". Always been an off-road guy myself, that's why I had 2.2" on the brain. 1.9"'s would be about 22" in 1/12th scale

That's why I also brought up the M-Chassis rolling stock, they should be a should scale out to 20" or less. Another thing to look at are the "Vintage Trans Am" and Cup Racer rolling stock.

Doing a quick Google search, I've learned a few things.

1) Orange car in first post is the Foose designed Camaro for Unique Performance, the one for Year One is yellow and dark gray.

2) Unless Revell decides to tool up the RS grille, it will probably more than likely be like the black Camaro posted.

3) It will be yet another kit of just added wheels/tires, and probably decals. The real orange Camaro has a big block engine, and I'm sure Revell won't want to add the big block from the Corvette kit, even though it is a popular swap that I've seen on several builds.

The only thing I'm hoping for is the removal of the tunnel ram and an addition of some sort of fuel injection setup.

The only thing I'm hoping for is the removal of the tunnel ram and an addition of some sort of fuel injection setup.

I could see something like that happening, though I think the new parts would be added without anything existing being deleted.

I think even a more typical single carb intake manifold and open element air cleaner, similar to the aftermarket pieces included with the '67 Vette kit, would be a welcome addition. The cross ram dual carb intake is rather obscure and was essentially a race part for the street, and the chambered exhaust system Revell-Monogram decided to include with both it's 1/25 and 1/12 scale '69 Camaro kits similarly obscure.

I could see something like that happening, though I think the new parts would be added without anything existing being deleted.

I think even a more typical single carb intake manifold and open element air cleaner, similar to the aftermarket pieces included with the '67 Vette kit, would be a welcome addition. The cross ram dual carb intake is rather obscure and was essentially a race part for the street, and the chambered exhaust system Revell-Monogram decided to include with both it's 1/25 and 1/12 scale '69 Camaro kits similarly obscure.

Judging by all of the other Foose branded modified re-issues, I doubt that they'll do anything other than just a new set of wheels and tires and maybe some decals. They will most likely not even provide parts that would alter the ride height to be fitting of most of Foose's 1:1 designs.

That being said, it would be awesome just to get a 1/12 set of decent aftermarket modern wheels and tires.

Judging by all of the other Foose branded modified re-issues, I doubt that they'll do anything other than just a new set of wheels and tires and maybe some decals.

I think the forthcoming '67 Charger is supposed to have a new console, but don't quote me on that.

I'll take only new wheels and tires with the straight reissued kit and be happy with it.

I think the forthcoming '67 Charger is supposed to have a new console, but don't quote me on that.

I'll take only new wheels and tires with the straight reissued kit and be happy with it.

I do wonder if the Charger will have the hood shown in the illustration (custom hood w/ '70 E-body style shaker scoop). That would be interesting...

Judging by all of the other Foose branded modified re-issues, I doubt that they'll do anything other than just a new set of wheels and tires and maybe some decals. They will most likely not even provide parts that would alter the ride height to be fitting of most of Foose's 1:1 designs.

That being said, it would be awesome just to get a 1/12 set of decent aftermarket modern wheels and tires.

I would personally talked to Jim at Micro Nitro and have him Turn some custom wheels for it :D

What tires are you using, are they the ones from the GT500 or something else?

No..

not the gt500's tires .together with the rims their overall diameter would be way to big..and evenso more unrealistic

they are tires from a toy flip-over car.which scales out in about 1/14-15..i bought the thing at the local Toy Champ

the tires are narrow enough to fit the standard wheeltubs ,which is fine should i ever feel the need to convert back to standard wheels

1/10 R/C wheels and tires are way to wide for 1/12 and even way to tall to ever look Ok

so wheelwise in 1/12 there is really not much choice out there..

geting the Camaro to sit low enough will be the next struggle...but that will be solved in the end too

They make much more than just 1.9 and 2.2 tires for R/C scalers. We model plastic, and we get very scale in our R/Cs too.

We also run 1/12th pan cars, you can look into wheels like that as well though most of those are stricly race foams.

Here are some 1.55s that some of you may like for 1/12th styrene builds, google search for more options on 1/10 and 1/12th R/C scale parts.

http://www.rpphobby.com/category_s/363.htm

That's no coincidence, as I mentioned in the Revell Fall releases topic.

Would have made more sense if they made this a Nov. 2013 release, as at least then it would be out before Xmas, and be a sales boon for LHS'

By making it a Dec. 2013 release, that means that those shops on the Revell Preferred Partner's program (of which I am a part of), likely won't get this until just after Xmas, and won't be available for those shops that aren't part of the RPP program until probably into early 2014.

Would have made much more sense to have this as part of the Nov. releases, to ensure it gets out to both RPP and non RPP shops before Xmas.

Of course, release schedules aren't written in stone and it could all change at the drop of a hat, just my 2 cents.

The Cragar S/S wheels are a timeless style and will never look dated. ,, Especially on a '69 Camaro.

They just don't look right on every car though.

This is true, but the Camaro kit don't come with the S/S wheels. It's the 57 kit IIRC. The Camaro comes with some 80's looking 5 spoke Cragars or Center Lines.

This is true, but the Camaro kit don't come with the S/S wheels. It's the 57 kit IIRC. The Camaro comes with some 80's looking 5 spoke Cragars or Center Lines.

None of them come with Cragar S/S wheels. The 5-spokes in the '57 kit are more like Ansons, they have a skinnier spoke than the Cragar S/S. They'll do in a pinch though.

The 1/12 '69 Camaro does make for a nice set of Yenkos though. I used the 5-spokes from the '57 kit on a couple of them to simulate TT wheels...

gallery_11866_1019_500183.jpg

Edited by Mike77

None of them come with Cragar S/S wheels. The 5-spokes in the '57 kit are more like Ansons, they have a skinnier spoke than the Cragar S/S. They'll do in a pinch though.

The 1/12 '69 Camaro does make for a nice set of Yenkos though. I used the 5-spokes from the '57 kit on a couple of them to simulate TT wheels...

They are close to Cragars, but the angle of the spokes is very high, and with the way the hub area is missing on the backside...yeah, they look a bit funky.

Did you make your own decals for these builds, Mike, or did someone make 1/12 scale Yenko decals?

Did you make your own decals for these builds, Mike, or did someone make 1/12 scale Yenko decals?

I did those Yenkos back around 1999 or 2000. A guy in Wyoming made the decals for me. To be honest I lost track of him after that and I'm not sure what happened to him.

Speaking of 1/12, here's one you'll remember from just last year...

gallery_11866_1019_1380.jpg

All I can say is that I'm happy Revell is doing this whether Foosed or not... THANK YOU REVELL. Have two of these kits now and plan on getting more when they get released. Hopefuly my LHS will get them sooner than later. I prefer supporting my LHS cause they are always helpful and ready to help whenever there is an issue. It always is a fun place to be hang out and meet felow modelers who are passionate about the hobby. 1/12 scale rocks :D:D:D:D:D:D

• 1 month later...