Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gee, it's been 5 years since I worked on it, time to finish?

Biscuitbuilder

are those brass hinges? any other details?

Yup, those are working brass hinges! They are model RR items, scale "barn door" strap hinges, that I get here locally at a huge RR shop--they are very nearly to scale, work great. I discovered these hinges probably about 30 years ago, have used them several times on various cars over the years.

Biscuitbuilder

what scale is this thing? i think you need to hurry up and finish it!

1:25 scale. Chassis is Revell '29 A Rat Rod, body is modified AMT '29 A roadster, with a lot of the body moldings replaced by strip styrene, and opening doors. The firewall and front of the gas tank are reworked with strip styrene to correct stock appearance--no need back then to punch clearance depressions into these panels, as a flathead Ford V8 will fit just fine in the same space as the 4-cylinder did.

Biscuitbuilder

1:25 scale. Chassis is Revell '29 A Rat Rod, body is modified AMT '29 A roadster, with a lot of the body moldings replaced by strip styrene, and opening doors. The firewall and front of the gas tank are reworked with strip styrene to correct stock appearance--no need back then to punch clearance depressions into these panels, as a flathead Ford V8 will fit just fine in the same space as the 4-cylinder did.

Biscuitbuilder

thanks, that is going to be sweet! i want to see it get finished lol thanks for the hinges tip too, i have a 32 ford i need to hinge.