Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished....for now.

Here it is with the first trailer. Plans are to make a Michigan Train out of this rig, but here's the first 1/2. This has been a fun build. :D . This is the first restoration I've ever done, and my first build of the dump trailer. I hope you enjoy the pix.

Autocarandsingletrailer009.jpg

Autocarandsingletrailer003.jpg

Autocarandsingletrailer004.jpg

Autocarandsingletrailer002.jpg

Thanks to all who had a kind word as this project progressed.

Hi Ray,

A great job on your restoration.

I have been bitten by the restoration bug and having a ball restoring kits that others were about to or have biffed out.

I found a complete ERTL DM800 rear suspension once while playing in the rocks at the harbours edge. I spent the rest of my school holidays looking for the rest of that kit years ago with no luck.

Cheers

John Wilson

Thanks everybody. When built 10 years ago, this truck represented a few firsts. It still does now. I totally enjoyed this. I can't wait to do some more restorations. All of your encouragement was great also. It feels good to be back in the hobby. :D 8)

• 6 months later...

Great job! Autocar always made the best construction trucks. It's a shame they've been reduced to making only garbage trucks nowadays. It's like they're on life support nowadays.

Speaking of Autocar, has the A64B reissue been released yet? I know I said I didn't care about the exact release date because I pre-ordered it, but now I'm getting pretty sick of waiting.