Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #136 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

The colour of the lights, the lack of detail on the tires, and a few other details scream Model to me. And then there is the Relation of the Trees to the Asphalt (if you wanna call it that, looks like a shingle to me). I believe it's a Initial D Diecast done very well. Which lookin' at my model shelf and seeing mine. They are identical!!! ;);):lol:

Car says real...Environment says model. Mmmmmm? Real Deal ;) .

Oh! One more thing...Why put the tie down hooks on the rear?

Tie downs are on the rear because they were shipped by ocean going vessel, tied down at both ends for safety reasons.

Guest promodmerc

My dad was a Toyota mechaninc for many years. I have seen many US versions of that car so I knew. :) The biggest give away was the rearview mirror. I must say it is a very good diecast.

Final vote: 23 REAL, 49 MODEL.

I thought I'd get you with this one, but you guys win... it's a model! 1/18 diecast.

Next ROM coming MONDAY!

You tried to make it hard on me, Harry, but my beginner's luck held strong!! 3 For 3!! :) The tie down hook in the rear almost made me say "Real", but the give aways that led me to say "Model" was the apparent mounting stud in the front marker light, the highly visible seem on the door rear view mirror, and those tires just screamed "I'm not real!!". The lack of tire valve stems, or at least not visible to me, helped, too!!