Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Lincoln Mild Custom .....Completed!

Jeff Sauber

I once had a neighbor who had a beautiful 1:1 version with this same color scheme. It was a "mild custom," too (air conditioning, killer stereo and speakers and, oh, yeah – he had turned the cover of the continental kit into a working clock with gold-plated numbers and hands).

PS – I forgot to add that the thing had real gold-plated trim everywhere, including badging/nameplates, instrument gauge bezels, etc. I don't remember what the replacement engine was. I got to ride in it and it was smooth as silk.

Edited by sjordan2

• 6 years later...

Hey... it's only been six years between comments! :lol:

Just possibly maybe the renewed interest in this one is because I posted a link to it on a thread where the OP was asking about Pyro kits the other day. I thought that rather than going along with the constant bashing of how bad they are, it might be nice to remind ourselves how good they can look with effort applied. 

You're one of the modelers who regularly takes blah, ho-hum or toylike kits and makes them into beautiful models, so i'm sure you understand. :D

• 10 months later...