Model Cars Magazine Forum

Random stuff in the shop.

`70 SS396

44435301184141-vi.jpg

`84 ElCamino

46435301186375-vi.jpg

`65 Vette pro-touring

48435301188834-vi.jpg

Personally, we think the owner is making a bad decision, but here he's pro-touring his `69 Camaro Pace Car. Big ugly Foose wheels, 502 w/ fuel injection, 4 wheel discs, the works.

58435301198625-vi.jpg

Big-money build of a `35 Dodge. 6.1 Hemi is going in it…..

01435301201619-vi.jpg

How's this for an original styling cue? Adding the `55 sedan's belt line dip in the 210 wagon.

04435301204520-vi.jpg

07435301207678-vi.jpg

And my new work cart arrived today!

32435301172952-vi.jpg

41435301181328-vi.jpg

This might be an unusual statement, but I really DO like my job……. :)

I have a real treat to post the next time the storage unit is open. There was a very well-known Plymouth Superbird sitting in a backyard for YEARS out here. The owners were harassed no end about selling the car. Eventually they put it in a garage. This car was so week-known that a LIARS club member built a diorama of this car and was in the magazines.

We restored that car. And it's sitting waiting to be re-assembled. In all it's bright green glory.

Sounds and looks like your shop does some fantastic work on all types of vehicles...Sure nice to see stuff done up right although my right is being done to original from the factory type of resto...Its nice to see good clean workmanship and quality in the finished product...

We have some talented metal-men working for us. And the guys in the paint shop make everyone else look good. Great team of guys, I'm there 7 months and have never seen or heard an argument or anyone yelling. Nothing…. Communication does break down at times, but it's discussed and resolved. I attribute much of this to my Bosses mature, level-headed approach. If something bad happens, we have a fast meeting, find resolution, briefly touch on not doing it again, and get on with life.

I almost had to fight my way out without having a Beer after work on Friday! (I don't drink…..) Great place to work.

That looks like an awesome job. Kinda jealous you get to mess with cars of that caliber.

At times I sense some resentment from people I know ( and some I don't ) from me working at this shop……..

Granted, I'm grateful for the opportunity, but let's remember the 35+ yrs. I spent working for the dealership service scene. What was a really nice job that paid well deteriorated to one of the most depressing, morale-deflating places to spend 40 hours a week. I'd hate to expound on WHY I'm so happy here because that means really angry, harsh descriptions of the past. I'm so happy I made the move.

As a side topic to my post, a recent thread over on Moparts.com had one of the regulars doing the same after spinning wrenches for decades. Made a mid-life career change and it's working out for him too. The only down-side is going to be my commute during the winter months, Holiday season in particular. I have to drive past about 6,000 malls, or so it seems…..

We also have an ORIGINAL `69 Trans Am (one of 357….) awaiting it's turn approx. next January. It's a POS, but all the weird/impossible to find stuff is there and the owner is anxious to get it done.

Cool, rare machine; a friend's brother has one. Rare but not quite that rare; 697 produced (689 coupes, 8 convertibles)

• 3 weeks later...