Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What's next in line for the Revell '32 Ford ?

What's Next for Revells '32 Fords ?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You like to see next in the Revell '32 Ford series ?

• Victoria
    • Phaeton
    • B-400 Convertable Sedan
    • Closed Cab Pick Up
    • Sedan Delivery / Panel

Revell has been doing a good job in the 2000's of creating a "Parts Box" series from its '32's and the coming Stacey David car with the first non-"Fat Front Tire" syndrome release and its SBC is another in this trend. I notice in my own builds that I buy the 5-window for its deck lid and matching hood side panels, its hairpins, and certain interior elements, all of which are unique to that variation. I buy the old Roadster kit for the highboy style hood side panels, and the Tudor Sedan for the flathead. Interestingly the 3-window has little unique to offer and suffers from some small incompatibilities with the other kits - a sign that back in the 90's Revell hadn't quite figured out that they could drive increased sales by stressing parts interchangeability. For this reason I only buy the 3-window for the basic body style. Revell has tacitly recognized this shortcoming by re-releasing the 3-window as a value priced Monogram offering.

I agree with Bill, they should begin to offer additional chassis variations with subsequent releases. I notice that the clear leader in the voting is the Pickup, and I think this would be a perfect opportunity to offer a buggy spring rear end and even an I-Beam front. I'm certain that with a strongly delineated difference in the chassis and compatibility with previous kits the marketplace would readily "forgive" omitting the now traditional second engine option. How about a pickup with two I-Beam front axles (stock in plain plastic and a dropped version on the chrome tree), a buggy spring rear end with an unplated stock banjo and a plated quickchange center section, stock front wishbone (again unplated) and optional plated hairpins, and a flathead with a stock carburetor setup and the tri-carbs and finned heads from the sedan? Also, proper narrow wire wheels for the stock build which would be instant hits with both the Traditional and Rat Rod builders. Those wide chromed wires in the sedan kit almost never get used because Revell insisted on perpetuating the by now out of date tires from the first two kits.

Edited by Bernard Kron

I nominate Bernard for head of model-car development at Revell.

:lol: :lol: :D:P I respectfully decline, since, as we all know, we car modelers are an ornery bunch and, whereas I can dish it out, gosh knows I can't take it! :lol: :lol: :D:P

(BTW, my instincts are far from infallible - I'm one of the two so far that voted for a Phaeton... :huh::P)

Edited by Bernard Kron

Revell has been doing a good job in the 2000's of creating a "Parts Box" series from its '32's and the coming Stacey David car with the first non-"Fat Front Tire" syndrome release and its SBC is another in this trend. I notice in my own builds that I buy the 5-window for its deck lid and matching hood side panels, its hairpins, and certain interior elements, all of which are unique to that variation. I buy the old Roadster kit for the highboy style hood side panels, and the Tudor Sedan for the flathead. Interestingly the 3-window has little unique to offer and suffers from some small incompatibilities with the other kits - a sign that back in the 90's Revell hadn't quite figured out that they could drive increased sales by stressing parts interchangeability. For this reason I only buy the 3-window for the basic body style. Revell has tacitly recognized this shortcoming by re-releasing the 3-window as a value priced Monogram offering.

I agree with Bill, they should begin to offer additional chassis variations with subsequent releases. I notice that the clear leader in the voting is the Pickup, and I think this would be a perfect opportunity to offer a buggy spring rear end and even an I-Beam front. I'm certain that with a strongly delineated difference in the chassis and compatibility with previous kits the marketplace would readily "forgive" omitting the now traditional second engine option. How about a pickup with two I-Beam front axles (stock in plain plastic and a dropped version on the chrome tree), a buggy spring rear end with an unplated stock banjo and a plated quickchange center section, stock front wishbone (again unplated) and optional plated hairpins, and a flathead with a stock carburetor setup and the tri-carbs and finned heads from the sedan? Also, proper narrow wire wheels for the stock build which would be instant hits with both the Traditional and Rat Rod builders. Those wide chromed wires in the sedan kit almost never get used because Revell insisted on perpetuating the by now out of date tires from the first two kits.

This has to be the "go-to" thread on this topic. Mr. Kron has hit the nail (Nail head, anyone?) squarely on the head.

• 3 months later...

A '29 Roadster body with optional Duvall windshield.

I know an A on Deuce rails is a common thing to do in the real world, but for those of you yearning for another Revell '32 Ford-based variation, would a Model A roadster/coupe/sedan on the existing Revell Deuce chassis (frame, suspension, engine/trans) satisfy you?

Now that I think of it, Revell shouild make an 'AV8' highboy - a Model A Ford roadster, preferably 1929 since body is much more noticeably different from a 32, with a 32 grill on 32 chassis with a hopped up flathead V8 with offy heads. I-Beam axle and quickchange rear end are welcome. I think that would be a good idea, building an AV8 without having to kitbash 8 different kits for parts.

I'm still looking for a couple of two door sedan kits that Revell makes.

never seen any in person.

so, I decided to drag home a real one:

103_1797.jpg

251742_4342076386691_87755779_n_zps46188

now I have to decide what to do with it, the 1936 Ford V8 Frame I found with it,

and all the other cool pieces I brought home.

but still want a couple of kits to build before I do the 1:1 so I can try a couple of ideas

in scale before I start hacking and whacking on the real one.

thats cool. I'm thinking old school hot rod with mine.

I have a nice flathead V8, and some speed parts stashed away.

and I'm thinking of going completely fender-less.

it will be all steel. I do not know if I want a chopped top, and color variations that

I'm hung up on. thats why I wish to build up several test shots,

so I can see if my ideas will work on a tudor sedan.

Edited by my name is nobody

l have been considering filling the rear windows of my sedan to make a delivery. Aren't the dimensions the same?

Yep they are the same, and it would be an easy conversion. I have one that I have scribed the back door into but left the windows ( Flower Car). From what I under stand the panels for the delivery were added into the windows of a sedan and the door was cut out. I may be wrong, its been a while since I read about it. But I think thats why there were very few deliveries.

deliverydoor.jpg

I would like to see one with all the hop-ups for a Flathead Ford engine and some we've never seen in any previous kits. And maybe a body style we've never had available. Oh yeah and a stock rear end or quick change. Just an ordinary guys thoughts. I vote for the Vicky and the Pickup.

Edited by rmvw guy

I voted for the closed pickup because I'm a light commercial kinda guy! I do think a future version, like a Vicky could be sold bone stock. That would be the parts kit for everyone who has moaned that there are no stock parts in the previous releases.

Also with Revell's strategy of doing new tools of iconic cars that you would buy and build over and over, with the option of multiple versions... don't think that they're not planning on a Model A somewhere in the future. It would make sense that the Model A kit would interchange with the '32s for that classic A on a '32 chassis. There are a bunch of older Model A kits, but nothing that's up to contemporary standards.

would like to see a chopped coupe and sedan bodies.

What, so we can complain about the chops like we do with the '49 Merc & the '48 Ford? :lol:

I'd like a parts pack containing all the goodies we buy the various kits for plus a few new parts like ardun heads, correct Hemi extractors and a stock rear end.

And Revellogram are now producing "celebrity" cars how about a reissue of the sedan with the parts to build the Eastwood & Baraket car

eastwood-barakat-gs_500.jpg

Edited by zenrat

The Victoria's been a long-standing rumor, right? A trad Vic? Seems counterintuitive we might actually get some more traditional pieces the next go-round, but it wouldn't be the first time Revell's done something like that (cf Yenko/COPO Nova). If Revell does push in the traditional direction, they may already have a decent set of big 'n little rubber between the '50 Oldsmobile's tires and the '62 'Vette's.

Think a phaeton would look good on the Roaster running gear, maybe another possibility.