Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ready for some "Coaling"

Greg Myers

Unfortunately, evolution isn't making the human species smarter. Just the opposite, in fact. Evolution isn't driven to improve a species. Rather, it simply favors whoever can breed the fastest and make the most babies, who breed the fastest and make more babies, etc.

Because it's SO easy, relatively, to survive and breed in the developed world (no lions to eat you, free food if you qualify: 20% of households on food stamps in 2013, according to one source, etc.) and because the people with ability and brains seem to be breeding at a reduced rate (sometimes because they have respect for the planet, and realize there's a finite limit to how many people our little globe can support), it's generally the folks who have the least smarts and the least to offer who are breeding the fastest.

Granted, some of the rapid-breeders are going to have really smart offspring, but natural selection isn't selecting for "smart". It's selecting for "pregnant at 12 years old".

Dumb and irresponsible is coming on strong, and until there are SO many idiots that things just slow down and stop (because there aren't enough folks smart enough to run them anymore...look at banking, for instance, and our recent global financial fiasco...just the tip of the iceberg...and don't forget our crumbling infrastructure), dumb and useless is the fastest-growing segment of the population.

Generally I'd be the first to jump on here and refute what you said, if for no other reason than just to play devil's advocate... but I can't argue with anything you said. It's pretty much exactly correct.

If you haven't seen it already, do yourself a favor and watch the movie "Idiocracy". The plot of the movie is exactly this concept - the dumbening down of the human race as the future progresses. It pretty much flopped in theatres (maybe because it hit a little too close to home for much of the populace), but it's become a cult classic.

It's made by the same guy that did Office Space (Mike Judge), so if you appreciate that movie, chances are Idiocracy will be right up your alley, too.

If you haven't seen it already, do yourself a favor and watch the movie "Idiocracy". The plot of the movie is exactly this concept - the dumbening down of the human race as the future progresses. It pretty much flopped in theatres (maybe because it hit a little too close to home for much of the populace), but it's become a cult classic.

It's made by the same guy that did Office Space (Mike Judge), so if you appreciate that movie, chances are Idiocracy will be right up your alley, too.

You know the sad thing, speaking of Mike Judge, is that the smartest show that MTV has had on in the last 3 years was the reboot of Beavis and Butthead!

You know the sad thing, speaking of Mike Judge, is that the smartest show that MTV has had on in the last 3 years was the reboot of Beavis and Butthead!

All anyone has to do to see the future of mankind is watch a little tv. Teen Moms, rednecks partying and Real housewives. The future is doomed.

Kinda makes you want to cram some sort of large, round fruit or sports equipment in one of those overgrown tailpipes, doesn't it.

Being from Chicago and it was done to me or my family, I would go out one night with a bag of grapefruit ...

I'm not familiar with "coaling". You mean people spend money to be able to blow nasty smoke out the exhaust? What's the purpose?

To prove beyond any possible doubt that they're rude morons, with zero respect for the environment or anyone else's right to breathe a little clean air, and that they have way more money than brains.

I'm not familiar with "coaling". You mean people spend money to be able to blow nasty smoke out the exhaust? What's the purpose?

The purpose? These useless, non-contributing sacks of refuse convince themselves it's a political protest against liberals...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/rolling_coal_conservatives_who_show_their_annoyance_with_liberals_obama.html

...when really, they're a bunch of ignorant, sociopathic dirtbags who need to cause problems for other people so they can feel better about all their own failures in life.

The purpose? These useless, non-contributing sacks of refuse convince themselves it's a political protest against liberals...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/rolling_coal_conservatives_who_show_their_annoyance_with_liberals_obama.html

...when really, they're a bunch of ignorant, sociopathic dirtbags who need to cause problems for other people so they can feel better about all their own failures in life.

Yes..they are bunch of ignorant right wing rednecks....that's America...there have been many articles on this phenomenon.

It says a lot when you look at who these tough guys target for coal-rolling: women and children walking on the street, minivans carrying children, elderly people driving Priuses; all people they think can't (or won't) fight back. They love to talk about Liberals being weak, while choosing safe targets and then running like stone-less wonders.

Then people who use diesel vehicles for actually doing work have to deal with the societal fallout from these fools' activities (like the person earlier in the thread who got pulled over by a cop looking for a coal-roller).

Yes..they are bunch of ignorant right wing rednecks....that's America...there have been many articles on this phenomenon.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make this about Left vs. Right ideology. I AM saying that people who simply want to be nasty and abusive to other people are trying to use political ideology as an excuse to be nasty and abusive.