Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone from the Detroit area? Ford Field questions...

clovis

My wife and daughter are going to see the One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer concert at Ford Field, which are my daughter's favorite bands.

I would imagine that parking is going to be in demand. Any tips?

The current plan is to drop off my wife and daughter at Ford Field, and pick them up again after the concert.

Will this idea work????

Is the Ford Field area fairly safe?

We'll probably stay in the Dearborn area. We can't get enough of Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum.

Also, is it still illegal to broker/scalp or re-sell tickets in Michigan? I may or may not have made a killing one time, buying and flipping tickets, on sheer accident, when we ate at a restaurant near where the Tigers play while we were on vacation. I had no idea that it was against the law to resell tickets in MI, but was happy to walk away with almost $100 in profit in three transactions.

Thanks!!!!

Downtown Detroit can be as rough as you make it. I personally would suffer through the concert and stay with my wife and daughter. They make some great earplugs now days that can block out the worst teenie bop music. My daughter listens to the same stuff and I can't tune it out quick enough. There are tons of good restaurants in the metro Detroit area, just try a few in areas that are not Detroit or near downtown. If you can see burned out buildings keep driving.

Thank you for the replies!

Can I assume that I can pull up to one of the main entrances at Ford Field, assuming that the road isn't blocked off, and drop them off, curbside?

A person can do this in Indy at LO stadium, but if you go to IU to see a football game, once you pull off the street, you are immediately in a $15 parking lot, and have to walk a decent distance to the building, IIRC.