Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Rochester Airshow

Dirt Demon

Any Airshow goers out there?... The USAF Thunderbirds are in Rochester, N.Y. this weekend......Aug 16-17

3B37C66C-C1A1-42F2-932C-585FDB47C4B2_zps

Ive been to a few airshows up here where I live and have seen both the Thunderbirds and Blue Angels perform...... Both Demonstration teams are awesome! Im taking my girlfriend to see them this Sunday..... she has never seen them, she's in for a real treat! lol!.......especially when one does a sneak low fly over on the loud pedal!

I've never seen the Thunderbirds fly, but the F-16 is a pretty spectacular airplane to watch, especially up relatively close.

I was in the right place at the right time to see some of the development work on the thrust-vectoring experimental variant of the F-16, and it can do things that stagger the mind...things you just wouldn't expect any airplane to be able to do.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/f-16-vista-matv-early-thrust-vectoring-development-455499072

A few years back, I went to a air show in Duluth, MN and saw the Blue Angles perform. And it was very cool when they came in low from a direction you didn't expect with the throttle on high. I loved it!

At the same show, I got to see my favorite warbird in action. The P-38 Lightning!

Scott

A few years back, I went to a air show in Duluth, MN and saw the Blue Angles perform. And it was very cool when they came in low from a direction you didn't expect with the throttle on high. I loved it!

At the same show, I got to see my favorite warbird in action. The P-38 Lightning!

Scott

That same show is next weekend in Duluth, the Angels are there.

The Blues put on a great show. They were here in Upstate N.Y. A few years back at Binghamton and Rochester. I went to Both of those shows. It really is amazing when they do a high speed pass then show how slow a 25,000 pound aircraft can fly! Murphy's law says it should fall out of the sky!