Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROADSIDE ATTRACTION COOL PICTURES--YOUR OWN

Here are a few shots I've taken that seem to fit in with this thread. I'll start off with "The Windmill Restaurant" in Morgantown, PA. My wife and I go to visit my elderly parents most Sundays and we end up having dinner at The Windmill fairly often. The vanes on the windmill revolve at about 5 rpm. That's them on their way inside, with my wife's Malibu Maxx in the foreground:

WindmillRestaurant6-17-12.jpg

This Mack is for sale at a truck repair shop near my folks' retirement community in Honeybrook, PA:

Mack2.jpg

A 1956 Buick Super that used to 'live' in my neighborhood. It's tags and inspection were long since expired and it had quite a collection of parking tickets on the windshield last time I saw it anout three years ago:

006.jpg

We spotted this '57 Bel Air Sport Coupe slowly returning to nature along Route 611 somewhere north of Easton, PA a few years ago:

395.jpg

This 1929 Chevy dump truck was parked in the front line of a used car lot on U.S.Route 30 in Paradise, PA a couple of months ago:

DSCN6773.jpg

Those Edsel pickups earlier in the thread reminded me of this Packard pickup that I shot at The Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, PA the same day I shot the '29 Chevy tipper:

DSCN6735.jpg

While we're talking about old trucks, how about a 1960's Dodge wrecker?:

DSCN6686.jpg

And finally, one of my old '66 Corvair Monza, which I had to sell about three years ago when we were hurting financially due to this blasted recession. I really miss this car, but I sold it to a good friend who promised me (in writing) the right of first refusal should he ever decide to sell it. This was taken at a roadside ice cream stand near Stroudsburg, PA in the Poconos:

006.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

A few more from the corall. I met the owner of all these cast-offs, but he was just leaving and we didn't have time to talk much. Here's a couple of Brits in the mix:

105_9762-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

And this is for the tractor lovers. It was parked at the old one room school where my grandmother began her teaching career in 1910...at the age of 15.

105_9774-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...