Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg's '64 Plymouth "Lawman"

Bartster

Well, Lindberg announced it first in 2009 as a 2010 release IIRC...and it didn't come out last year or this year, don't think it was shown at the recent iHobby expo, and no announcement about it since then, so people assume it's not going to happen. Lindberg seems to have stopped new development a while back. Just speculation on my part, maybe one of the insiders here can weigh in.

Edited by Rob Hall

Forgive my ignorance, but couldn't you build the Lawman with the Color Me Gone kit and some aftermarket decals?

Yes, you could probably take the stock Belvedere kit w/ some drag parts from the CMG Dodge kit and aftermarket decals..

Edited by Rob Hall

• 2 weeks later...

You could build all the Lawman cars. Cady decals, '63 Johan Plymouth, '64 Lindberg Plymouth for the max wedge early cars and a Flintstone Belvidere resin sedan gets you close to a hemi lightweight. Shave off the Belvidere trim and you have a Savoy.

Or the MCW sedan..nicer than the Flintstone one, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very informative thread & I love where it's gone, but I wasn't gonna build it as the Lawman anyway, I just wanted to see what kinda extra hi-po speed goodies it would come with. You guys are GREAT & I hope I don't burst any bubbles, I just wish Lindberg would get it out already! Phil's Hobby shop still has it listed as "sold out" on-line!!! What's with that?

The speed parts it would have had are probably the same ones that are in the drag versions of the '64 Dodge...it's easy enough to kitbash the Belvedere ht w/ the Dodge to get the parts to do one, plus aftermarket decals.

Given how stale Lindberg seems to be these days, I'm not expecting it to be released..

Edited by Rob Hall

• 1 year later...