Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg's '64 Plymouth "Lawman"

Bartster

Mark, sorry but I do disagree, yes it fits, but this is still a Linberg kit. Round2 could do better by producing it as a Linberg kit to avoid anyone question if this was a new tool or some reissue. Granted I am buying it, but still wish it were issed as an update for a Lindberg kit

Not the first time a Lindberg kit has had box art errors, but now in an AMT box? Trying to bury the Lindberg name?

The AMT name definitely has more market presence and recognition..

Pro Stock 64 Plymouth? Must be like those 429 Corvettes.  Kidding aside, I'm glad to see this kit.

Super Stock would be too long to fit at that font size...

Rob, sorry to disagree but I am buying more Linberg kits than AMT right now. Linberg kits were tooled much more recently than any AMT kits. Want the latest tooling just to the advances in tooling! I may be in the vast minority in buying many of the Round2 reissues, simply due to the fact many of the original tools are close to 50 years old now. I know many modelers are grateful to have these reissuies, but having so many of the earlier issues, I am not buying many of these re-issues. Moiebus is getting much of my purchases now.. Distant second is Revell even with a few new tools.. Round2 is a distant second to Revell. Round2 gives me a '67 Nova SS retool and things change!! Let alone a new tool '68 Cuda!!

Edited by socal76

• 2 months later...

AMT Model kits: 1964 Belvedere Lawman NEW PARTS!

The long-rumored and anxiously awaited 1964 Belvedere 426 Super Stock Lawman will soon be here!  With the release comes a few parts from new tooling.  The shining features of the new tooling are the 2 all new sets of rims: a stock steel rim with an optional chrome hubcap and a Torq Thrust rim.  New front spindles, rear blocks, and shocks will be included that enable the suspension to be raised or lowered, to achieve the proper wheel stance of the drag racer.  The new parts will also include: racing headers, dual chrome air horns, intake manifold, chrome tachometer with oil gauge, and 2 different hood scoop options. Accompany the new parts, the Lawman will have highly accurate decal sheet, updated instructions, chrome parts and vinyl drag slicks.  The packaging will feature a full color tray and a new painting from Brad Leisure. - See more at: http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/2707-amt-model-kits-1964-belvedere-lawman-new-parts/#sthash.vmBQSyLY.elmu4yb7.dpuf

Lawman New Parts

• 2 weeks later...

Well I was kind of debating if I should buy this kit or not, as I have lots of these Lindberg '64 Dodges and Plymouths already. The subject is very interesting though and with those new parts included, I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying me one of these kits. Glad to see it's finally coming out.

I have a question regarding the Lawman kit. Will the stock spindles be included?  Just wondering. 

Assuming the stock spindles are on a tree with the other necessary suspension parts they should still be there.  I doubt they would go to the expense of blocking them off.

-Steve

I remember there was a big hullabalue quite some time in the past about the Cady decal sheet being the wrong color. Now I'm not so sure they were/are wrong.

A couple days ago ,,,, I snagged a picture off the net and the door lettering is most definitely a different color than the accent stripe color

Will post it later this afternoon

These kits came pretty well jammed into the box when under the Lindberg banner, I wonder how they will fit it all in the box with more trees added?

Bigger box?

Regardless, glad it is finally coming out! 

also I assume will be a solid modern Round2 box instead of a floppy Lindberg  donut box.