Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 DuPage show 2/22 - who's going?

ChrisBcritter

From the Past-Time Hobbies website (http://www.pthinc.com):

MIDWEST FINEST PLASTIC KIT & TOY SHOW

February 22nd, 2015 - 65th ILLINOIS PLASTIC KIT & TOY SHOW, EXHIBITION CENTER, 150 show tables available, BUY/SELL/TRADE/ or just browse, held at the DuPage County Fairgrounds, Exhibition Building, 2015 West Manchester Road, Wheaton, Illinois, Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, Admission: Adults: $5.00 - Children under 12 yrs. $2.00 INFORMATION: Past-Time Hobbies, Inc. 9311 Ogden Avenue, Brookfield, IL 60513 (630) 969-1847 or Email: pthpowerinc@aol.com

Looking forward to it!

There sure is Joe, there's the Milwaukee NNL in Waukesha this April 11th and you'll usually see 600 -900 models on the display tables along with rock 'n roll music, club and manufacturer displays, and a great raffle as well. The next day is a swap meet a couple miles to the west of this location. Hopefully someone will have some flyers at the Du Page show.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the flier table then. My bosses bought 10 pallets of scratch and dent stuff from Great Planes, mostly plastic kits and when they asked what type of show Dupage is, they were wondering what other area shows there were. We've done the same with refurbished airsoft guns at the flea markets at the Kane Co. Fairgrounds with some success and they might want to try it with these kits too besides selling at a discount in store and through ebay like we do the referb guns.

I thought it was a good show as ALL the vendor tables were full, and a large crowd of shoppers 1st thing in the morning as well. I didn't get any kits as there's only 2 or 3 that I'm lookin' for, but I did get some wheel/tire sets, wheel/ dog dish set, and some decals from SMBC as the vendors from Detroit were there also. I also saw a lot of modelers that I've met over the years which is great, and lunch at the Tilted Kilt was a good time as well.

I was kinda surprised it was in the smaller building this time, but I did find a few things to buy for other projects. Couple things I saw that I was interested in were current stuff that I can get with my employee discount for less........unless we end up finding some on the above mentioned pallets, and well :D