Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

:) 'nuff said

harley-laferrar_zpsb14d6a8b.jpg

That's an expensive (even direct from the "source") bundle right there. Don't forget to equip you bench with a magnet so you can find THE important one of the 8 billion hex nuts and threaded rods/bolts that come in that Harley when it slips out of your fingers and get eaten by the carpet monster! ;)

Edited by niteowl7710

Stuff for my current distraction. A 10 point cage from S&W Race Cars and a wiring kit with a switch panel from "Painless" (time will tell) Wiring.

"68 Mustang coupe with 302 for Super Stock. Probably L/Automatic. Doesn't need the cage by the book but I want to build for the future.

uhub.jpg

Dale

That's an expensive (even direct from the "source") bundle right there. Don't forget to equip you bench with a magnet so you can find THE important one of the 8 billion hex nuts and threaded rods/bolts that come in that Harley when it slips out of your fingers and get eaten by the carpet monster! ;)

Hah! Yeah, I got a magnet and a vacuum cleaner with an old nylon parts catcher on the hose end just for those problems.

It really wasn't too bad $$-wise. I spent a lot more the 1/12 Enzo and Porsche GT kits. What can I say, I love this big Tamiya stuff. B)

Got two more of the Revell Cudas in the last couple of days...one of them was in a postal box that looked like it had been kicked around...the box was partially mashed, but the looks fine inside. The chrome appears ok on all 3 of mine, and all 3 had the funny positioning of the decals.

Hah! Yeah, I got a magnet and a vacuum cleaner with an old nylon parts catcher on the hose end just for those problems

My model room was a bedroom so it has a hardwood floor. When I drop something I just get down at floor level and gather up the dust and such with an old business card. I eventually find everything although not when I want it. Tonight I'm missing a tail light bezel for my Dodge Caravan. It's a fairly large piece but I couldn't find it. But in the process I found a Model A door handle I lost last week... now that's a tiny bugger. It's like a chrome coated ant!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Got two more of the Revell Cudas in the last couple of days...one of them was in a postal box that looked like it had been kicked around...the box was partially mashed, but the looks fine inside. The chrome appears ok on all 3 of mine, and all 3 had the funny positioning of the decals.

How does the Cuda kit stack up to the older ones ?? Does the body look right this time ??

How does the Cuda kit stack up to the older ones ?? Does the body look right this time ??

I haven't had a chance to compare it to my Johan '71s or MPC '70s, but it definitely looks better than the previous R-M 1/24th Cudas...it's got some issues, as have been discussed extensively in the Cuda thread. One thing that jumps out at me are the overly large fenderwell lip moldings..

Edited by Rob Hall

It's been a busy day today...

1) My second Revell Cuda....Good Chrome, and oddly placed Decals in both...

2) A second International 4300 kit to go with the one I bought at the Macomb Show a few weeks ago...

3) Another AMT Flatbed Trailer kit....

4) And finally an AMT Re-issue 56 Ford Victoria....I bought my first one in 1969...

Heading over to a Hobby Shop Closing Sale tomorrow to buy myself an early Christmas Present....

Later...

Look What I Got! Say that aloud in my house and TJ the dog will jump up from a dead sleep.... I hit a couple hobby shops in the last 2 days.

IMG_4246-vi.jpg

Replenished some supplies. Got Tamiya Putty, never had it before but saw it on the shelf.

IMG_4245-vi.jpg

Bought these to experiment on creating a platform / diorama to take my model photos.

IMG_4244-vi.jpg

And I had never seen these before so I had to get 'em. G-scale / 1/24 scale building supplies. One is corrugated siding / roofing and the other is scale brick. There are two 7.5" x 12" sheets in a pack for $5.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...