Model Cars Magazine Forum

40 ford pick up straight from the box

Thanks everyone!

Chris- It was an easy build not much clean up or fuss...this was the one released in the late 80's early 90's I was a fun build I have another one to build and want to detail the engine and chassis this time

Looks great! This was always one of my favorite models when I was a kid. You have done it justice for sure. One small correction. This kit was originally first issued in 63 or 64. It was one of the original Monogram 3 in 1 kits. The tooling has survived very well, considering the number of times it has been reissued over the years. It is kind of a bummer knowing how many or the cool original custom parts and options have disappeared over the years though. Mint unbuilt original kits are worth big money if you can find one. The good news is that this kit has just recently been reissued again. it is blue on the box art but otherwise looks the same as the last (red truck on the box) issue. Plus the newest issue has a new tonnau (?sp) cover included that has not been in the last couple of issues and is different than the cover issued with the original kit.