Model Cars Magazine Forum

Customized AMT Turnpiker Pete

Working on this kit since I got it, I've stretched the frame, added a larger supercharger to the the Detroit 8V-71, customized the kit rear fenders, and getting ready to stretch the cab...

2013-01-11103755_zps17b884cf.jpg

2013-01-15233203_zps2e6df5fa.jpg

Here is the stretched frame

IMG_20130121_134000_zps74b94b1d.jpg

I added a larger blower to the engine

2013-02-02062637_zps32161944.jpg

I thought this design was not well thought out. You couldn't add a trailer unless you removed the fenders. So I filled in the hole where the fifth wheel came through, then cut out the hump...

2013-02-02062726_zpsc686be50.jpg

I added sheet plastic around the hole, so the fifth wheel "cover" could sit on the fenders when there wasn't a trailer attached, and then it could be removed when I added a trailer...

Excuse the quality of the pics, I need to get another digital camera sometime. All I have is my phone to take photos with at this moment...

Thanks for looking!

Thanks Randy! Anyone is welcome to use any idea I come up with that they like.

Here is a pic of the whole truck as it sits right now...

2013-02-02094724_zps34c02d4f.jpg

2013-02-02094745_zps3bdb4e49.jpg

2013-02-02094709_zpsd6b25231.jpg

I also made the steering poseable. I cut the cab, measured the length I plan to add, then taped it together to kinda get an idea of what it will look like.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Ben! I won't be doing too much modifying of the Pro Star when it comes out. I'm planning to build a copy of the Last truck I drove. I might buy a second one and do some custom work on it... Maybe I'll make a copy of my avatar! LOL!!!

Thanks Robert! This has been a fun build so far!!! I'm just waiting on getting the Pacemaker Pete so I can finish the cab...

Thanks Ben! I won't be doing too much modifying of the Pro Star when it comes out. I'm planning to build a copy of the Last truck I drove. I might buy a second one and do some custom work on it... Maybe I'll make a copy of my avatar! LOL!!!

Thanks Robert! This has been a fun build so far!!! I'm just waiting on getting the Pacemaker Pete so I can finish the cab...

That's what I was thinking. I've built one lonestar box stock, the second one I'm working on is being used as a base kit for an auslowe conversion Kenworth T904. I will have to do a full custom lonestar one day. Cheers

Ben

Sounds absolutely cool Ben! I would love to see the Lonestars you're working on.

This is the truck I drove that I want to recreate...

[img=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/customhearse/meandmytruck_zps964d6edc.jpg]

I got ahold of a decal company that said they plan to do the decals for this truck. I just hope it won't take too long.

What I've completed.... http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53160&hl=

Okay! Got the AMT Pacemaker Pete in today, and got the cab body chopped and glued to the Turnpiker cab so it is now stretched. I'll post pics here in a little while.

Meanwhile, I have the remains of the cabs, and a friend of mine told me to do what he does, and make a day cab out of the 2 pieces... So here is my idea. Make a day cab out of the new kit, but instead of using the kit engine, add the engine that I bought from P&P Resin Works... A V-12 Detroit... Too Much? :wacko::lol: