Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paulie Hauling's "Love Machine"

as for the gear box clutch assembly, that is the fork that operates the clutch, it has a hydraulic line that runs to it, and a slave cylinder that operates a fork arrangement will find that pic to

Hi, Tony!

Have you found pictures of the gear box clutch assembly? I would use it as reference.

Hi, Tony!

Have you found pictures of the gear box clutch assembly? I would use it as reference.

Sergey

I have over 20,000pics, of trucks and machinery, not many are in folders, one day I will fix that

Here is the better pic I have, this shows the fork in place, what it does need is a way of engaging the fork, this is done either by air or hydraulic ram or even mechanical means

you can just see it behind the bell housing

101_0048.jpg

A better pic of the ram set up

101_0047.jpg

You could build what ever you like here and it would still look the part, as not many people add this,

I have other modern detailed pics of a road ranger box from a truck show if you need other detail pics

Hope these help

I also had the opportunity to photograph a W model Kenworth , which I took 300 pics, this was in a re build stage,

and it was a perfect opportunity to take a lot of detail shots

A W Model setup, with a series 60 engine, note how clean the joining of the box is to the engine, and the Mech clutch

100_9308.jpg

Hope these help

Tony

Sergey

I have over 20,000pics, of trucks and machinery, not many are in folders, one day I will fix that

Here is the better pic I have, this shows the fork in place, what it does need is a way of engaging the fork, this is done either by air or hydraulic ram or even mechanical means

you can just see it behind the bell housing

You could build what ever you like here and it would still look the part, as not many people add this,

I have other modern detailed pics of a road ranger box from a truck show if you need other detail pics

Hope these help

I also had the opportunity to photograph a W model Kenworth , which I took 300 pics, this was in a re build stage,

and it was a perfect opportunity to take a lot of detail shots

A W Model setup, with a series 60 engine, note how clean the joining of the box is to the engine, and the Mech clutch

Hope these help

Tony

Thank you, Tony. I guess I will make Mech clutch, as it is easyer.

Here I bought auto paint which more or less match my cab decal set. This paint is for the chassis:

91.jpg

90.jpg

At last the primer on the chassis ...

87.jpg

88.jpg

... engine...

86.jpg

...and other staff.

85.jpg

I haven't spray enything since Augest And some semi gloss black:

89.jpg

Edited by Sergey

Nice Sergey

Now, how did you do your photo etch? did you do it yourself?

You right Tony. I have drawn the design and one guy etched some parts for me.

About the Mech clutch: how does it go from clutch pedal to the bell housing? Have you got the picture or scheme?

I guess somebody asked this questione before (may be even me), but once again: I often see small numbers on the cab of US Trucks. Mostly on COEs, in lower back corner of the cab, as "Love Machine" have.

Convoy1-38-07752.jpg

I guess it is Owner Operator registration numbers, but would like to be sure. What is the correct name of this numbers and what are their meaning?

I am writing an article about this model and should be correct in terms.

Edited by Sergey

• 2 months later...

I guess somebody asked this questione before (may be even me), but once again: I often see small numbers on the cab of US Trucks. Mostly on COEs, in lower back corner of the cab, as "Love Machine" have.

Convoy1-38-07752.jpg

I guess it is Owner Operator registration numbers, but would like to be sure. What is the correct name of this numbers and what are their meaning?

Sergey! Where are you? I hope you ahven't given up on Paulie! Your Mack was going so well!

Also Sergey, how come people from Russia, such as you, are so interested in north american trucks? I see a lot of beautiful, well built models on different forums built by people from your country. That is so cool!

Anyway, Give us news soon, that Mack truck is too good not to finish. :D

The numbers are the permits from each state giving the truck the authority to operate in a state. Back in the 60's and 70's truckers were required to obtain authority from each state to haul in.

Tim

Convoy1-38-07752.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Robert! Sorry for delay. I was busy with my own small business.

Of course ahven't given up on Love Machine. I guess I fall in love with north american trucks after watching "Convoy" movie (like many Russian guys) several times.

Thank you, Tim, for the information.

I wasn't wasting my time. Here is the chassis in color:

97.jpg

Here is the bare engine

98.jpg

I printed buldog emblems on clear decal paper for filters:

101.jpg

I found rear qarter fenders in Freightliner DD kit. Aluminium tubes, glued to the chassis will hold them in place:

93.jpg

This fuel tank steps are came from KFS

96.jpg

Thank you for interest.

Edited by Sergey

Hi Sergey,

I have been watching this project from the start and I have nothing but the highest admiration for your work. It is really awesome. Someone from the land of Zil, Ural, Kraz, Maz and Kamaz is able to make such hard core models of American trucks. That is amazing. We, the boys from the east, are alike, I guess, in how we got interested in American trucks. Born a truck driver´s son I was attracted by trucks in general quite soon. But the Convoy movie really boosted my interest in American trucking. Also the country music´s truck driving songs. I did not understand a word in English then, but the sounds like "eighteen wheeler... semi... rig... truck stop... breaker one - nine... ten - four... ", soon got their meaning.

I am sorry for sliding off topic a bit. Robert was intersted in what made us to build these models. Anyway, great work, Sergey.

The numbers are the permits from each state giving the truck the authority to operate in a state. Back in the 60's and 70's truckers were required to obtain authority from each state to haul in.

Tim

Off hand I'm thinking(ICC numbers?? Just a tad before my time,do remember tho.)As a owner operator(produce) we did need any.

Thank you, guys. I appreciate it.

Now I can show you the cab art decal I printed:

6.jpg?t=1292959440

If anyone communicates with Jim Botatis, you can tell him, that I can help with Paulie Hauling decal.

Edited by Sergey

Started to alter air inlet pipe. It has pan cake top in the kit (on the left), but there is ram inlet in the movie. I used styrene:

95.jpg

After glue and putty:

99.jpg

Replacing the kit silencer (below) for plastic pipe. Pieces of aluminium pipes will play exhaust pipes role. The mech abowe will make the shield:

94.jpg

Silencers and air inlet pipe almost done:

106.jpg

Edited by Sergey

Kit headlights (below) should be replaced with styrene one. They were different in the movie:

100.jpg

The reflectors building technology shown here: http://www.autoinscale.com/?section=article&id=350

The kit chrome headlights were reduced in depth and drilled. Turn signals were moved closer to the grill:

105.jpg

Here is the result:

103.jpg

104.jpg

Spare holes were putted.

102.jpg

The bull bar billet:

92.jpg

Guys, tell me please: which color should be here spring rear mud flaps brackets? Black or chassis color?

Edited by Sergey