Model Cars Magazine Forum

8 wheeler dragster is done.

Cool. It just needs more power....of course I think everything needs more power... B)

Yep. Taking a dragster and adding four extra wheels, four extra tires, and an extra front and rear end, without doing anything to make up for all that added dead weight, isn't exactly the formula for success at the strip! :lol:

love the build! cool idea ray. great "out of the box thinking". seriously, it looks neat!

Love the build.
Maybe it can use all 8,000 h.p. now.
I'm no mechanic but I would think if you can get better traction, you could put in more clutch. Less slip, more grip. Bye Bye!
Those four front wheels may come handy.
Great job.

just for you john, i've removed my answer.

dave, your idea is great.

satisfied john?

Edited by comp1839

Thanks guys. Please note that I NEVER intended this to be a realistic build. It is just a crazy idea I came up with while looking at these kits I had in my stash. I take no offence to any critisizm on the fact that this build would not function in the real world. It was and is is pure fantasy much like Irs's flying "cars". It was a fun build and for me that's what modeling is about. I like the weird and strange stuff. I like the builds that people invest a lot of time in to get them detailed and accurate also. I do thank you all for taking the time to comment on this build.

Thanks guys. Please note that I NEVER intended this to be a realistic build. It is just a crazy idea I came up with while looking at these kits I had in my stash. I take no offence to any critisizm on the fact that this build would not function in the real world. It was and is is pure fantasy much like Irs's flying "cars". It was a fun build and for me that's what modeling is about. I like the weird and strange stuff. I like the builds that people invest a lot of time in to get them detailed and accurate also. I do thank you all for taking the time to comment on this build.

Ray........such a cool idea for a " Model Car"......... I no what your intentions were.......but, someone always has to make it none that they know everything about drag racing -_- ......I know everything about taking out the trash: Trash ,Greens and Recyclables ........keep up the cool work buddy :)

Edited by John Teresi

That is what is so cool about building models. You can let your imagination run wild and you are only out the price of a couple of kits. By the way, I have to ask you this question - why only eight wheels?

Thought 10 might be overkill ! : )

Who cares if this would be feasible or that it would work or not work in the real world......

Some people do care, which should be respected, and in my OWN mind for my OWN builds, it's partially what defines a 'model car', as opposed to a 'toy car".

On the other hand, Ray announced first off that this was a fantasy build, which also is an entirely valid way to self-express. It's sometimes fun to get completely out of the box, and is part of what also makes Ira's work so fascinating.

As long as a builder KNOWS that what he's doing is strictly for fun and NOT to represent something in reality, then anything goes and the wilder, the better.

My only intent in going into what's been done in the 1:1 world was to show that sometimes, what the 'experts' claim to know is unworkable can end up surprising them. A lot of experts 'knew' that heavier-than-air, powered flight was impossible in 1902. By 1903 things had changed a little.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy