Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro Pro Mod w.i.p updates 03/06/2011

tyrone

Thanks for the comments fellas I really appreciate it, well it was a tough decision but I decided to go with Red, I really like the blue also but red it is I'll let this dry for a day or so and get started applying the Yenko stripes, meanwhile I'll try to get the interior details wrapped up thanks for looking and comments welcome.

049-2.jpg

050-3.jpg

051-2.jpg

052-3.jpg

056-3.jpg

058-2.jpg

059-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

Thanks for the comments fellas, I said I would wait a couple of days for the paint to dry but when I got home today it was good and dry so I put the decals on I think it turned out o.k, once it's all together it should be nice and snug where there are gaps now on the front end, doors etc.. DWR there are no mounts on the front end, the headers are what's keeping it together I'll try and get you a pic of it tomorrow, crowe t.the paint is an enamel paint I pick up from the local hobby shop, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

011-44.jpg

010-46.jpg

008-60.jpg

007-63.jpg

005-67.jpg

006-70.jpg

004-73.jpg

Edited by tyrone

what's up fellas, I've done a little bit to this one tonight,I painted the front grille by hand, still need to fix a few spots, I got the body wet sanded and ready for clear, maybe tomorrow, I added nut and bolt details to the rear wing and got the dzus fasteners on, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

003.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

What's up fellas, I got a little bit of progress in on this one tonight. It was 85 degrees today so I got some clear coat on it today, I also got the nos bottles amd lines ran in the car, I also got the chute cables, and handle, I also got the net on the wheelie bars, and padding on the roll bars done, more updates soon, thanks for looking and comments welcome....

029.jpg

031-12.jpg

034-8.jpg

039-2.jpg

044-5.jpg

047-5.jpg

026.jpg

023-20.jpg

021-1.jpg

Thanks for the comments fellas John Pol the roll bar padding is from pro tech, the wheelie bar wheels are from the 55/57 kits, I cut them off and then re-use them after I make the bars, A few updates, I got all the glasses in except for the doors I detailed the rear tailights, first I used bmf around the whole tailght, then I colored the lenses with a red fine tip sharpie, and then I went around that with a black fine tip sharpie. I also got the digital bos mounted, made from styrene thanks for looking and comments welcome.

014-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks for the comments fellas, well I've got the side windows in, and added bolt head details to them, I out a few decals on not many debating on whether to put some along the bottom of the doors, rocker panel area, what do you guys think?? still have alot to do, more updates soon, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

007-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

010-47.jpg

014-36.jpg

Tyrone, this thing turned out awesome! I sent you the picture of Frank tamez's car that you built this car to look similar to. Frank is a friend of mine on Facebook, and I sent him a picture of the build a few weeks ago, and he really liked it. I also sent him a link to this build so he could see all your work. Again...Great work!

Frank