Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shaker's "BOSS NOVA"...5 Day Build, Finished!

Ira

Double Your Power!

I decided to replace the Boss Nova's Big Chrysler with 2 Corvette Engines. These are fron the Double Dragster Kit. I cut the optional Motor Mounts in half and glued them on each side of the Engine Mounts.

DSCN3734B_zps8cba0a45.jpg

Here is how they fit in the frame.

DSCN3743B_zpsa156d5c7.jpg

I added 2 Superchargers from old Revell Parts Packs.

DSCN3776B_zpsbfb1206e.jpg

I cut off and moved the Transmission Power Housing to Center so it lines up with the Drive Shaft.

DSCN3778B_zpsa6e3257e.jpg

More Coming... B)

This is an interesting project, you build really cool stuff! I like the Nova and I'm interested in seeing how it will turn out. Anyway I believe you can do it in this short time, I know I couldn't!

Thanks for the kind words Niko!

Hope you enjoy it... B)

Edited by Ira

Day 2...Paint Day!

Wednesday was warm so I started Painting!
First I sprayed a couple coats of DupliColor Gray Filler Primer. Then I did a little filling and Sanding followed by a third coat.

DSCN3755B_zps9d13735b.jpg

Next I applied a coat of Flat Black Primer.

DSCN3760B_zpsc2734870.jpg

After the Black I masked off 2 Stripes with Low Tack Blue Tape.

DSCN3762B_zps9ce37212.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Later That Day!

I decided to add a Driver to this Wheel-Standing Wagon. I found a Tamiya Rally Driver that seemed like a good possibility, so I added some sheet plastic to extend the floor boards.

DSCN3751B_zps0198f505.jpg

I 'm using a "Corvette Pro Stock" Seat and Pedal assembly in the Wagon. I also added some sheet plastic for the drivers Protection. Had to "Relax" the Drivers Legs to sit right.

DSCN3754B_zpsb1432900.jpg

More Coming Tomorrow... B)

Day Three...Body and Chassis!

I found some 40 year old 59 El Camino Decals for the Nova. When I tried to apply the Shaker's Decals, they both started to disintegrate. I was able to get them on pretty good, but I had to touch them up with some acrylic paint. I cut down the Boss Nova Stripes to fit into the painted Black Stripes. After the decals dried, I applied 3 coats of Testors Glosscote.

DSCN3787B_zpsba4220f9.jpg

Rear View!

DSCN3789B_zps83440611.jpg

More Coming... B)

Boss Nova Chassis!

I built up the Chassis. It's mostly stock except I added a New Straight Front Axle. The Frame was a bit warped so I twisted it and then put some weight on it. It's pretty Straight now...

DSCN3793B_zps766379b9.jpg

The "Bugcatchers" were too wide, so I made Custom Supercharger Scoops from "Cherry Bomb" Headlights!

DSCN3795B_zps8f1c1c67.jpg

Next I sprayed the Grill and Bumpers with Tamiya Silver Leaf. Then I used "The Detailer" Black Wash on the Grill.

DSCN3801B_zps3d36e78a.jpg

More Coming Tomorrow... B)