Model Cars Magazine Forum

Start saving your pennies!

Thing is that it is a collectors car and was never a great driver. They didn't make a lot of hemi convertables because of frame flex. The guys who wanted true performance hemi's went for the coupe because the chassis was much stiffer and didn't flex as much under power. Yea, it is a collectors car but it is a long way from being the"best" 'cuda IMOH.

and likely to command top dollar when it crosses the block on January 19, 2013.

I would not surprise me if this thing didn't set a price record at like 1.8 or 2 mil.

I'll be surpised if the car breaks 7 figures.

This car has a storied history that ( IMO ) will prevent it from bringing any kind of record price. In the Mopar world it's refered to as the 'wheelbarrow ' car

An amusing read about this car.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7391702&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Edited by gtx6970

Come on, George. Ya hafta think BIG! :lol:

I can see you cruising up and down Woodward in that baby... :D

Harry, Daddy-O that rascal'll probably go for MORE than BOTH our houses!!! I'mma be content with my four little MPC 70/71 Cudas, anna WHOLE CASE of them revell new Cudas. Hey, I'll even build one for the "Mini" cruise on my shelf!!!!

It sure is Harry.

I've read about that car several times, and it's been fully documented by Galen Govier.

For me, That is the ULTIMATE factory muscle car.

Corey

not to switch gears but.....Galen Govier is a (EXPLICIT)!!!!

now, that car is real but it wil not fetch what the white one brought a few years ago, what was it, oh yea... $5,000,000!!! my head herts every time i try to think how much money that is.

i am guessing 2 mil +, maybe. it is an import.

I tend to agree with you Tubbs, I seriously doubt it will break the current Hemi Cuda 'Vert record, not in this economy anyway... Well I haven't won the Lottery yet... But there's still time :-)

Dan

hey Dan, when you are talking a car like this with the potential it can bring, you are talking about a whole group of people that effect the economy more then the economy effects them, if you get my drift!! there are (stupid) people out there with stupid money just waiting to own a car like this.

try this on for size...

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/113_0507_1971_plymouth_barracuda_hemi/viewall.html

the inside story is that a bunch of rich guys were acting like children when this car comes up for sale. it was like they were bragging that they paid more than the other guy for it. its a wierd world up there iin the milliions and billions of dollars!!

I would not surprise me if this thing didn't set a price record at like 1.8 or 2 mil.

And yes, Grape is one of my favorite colors. It's what makes Frau Blucher and EYEGORE think I'm a wino! LOL.

Hey Doc,

A collector named Bill Sefton already broke the 2 mil mark buying the blue with blue interior 71 hemicuda convert several years ago at Barrett Jackson