Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale Front Engine Dragster Project - Finished

Mooneyzs

Mike...thank you my friend. I need to give you a call this week.

Danno.... thank you my friend. The last thing i want you guys or anyone else to think is that I am complaining because I am not. I truly believe the judges made the right call on it and got it right. The judges truly have a hard job when it comes to judging these cars at the show. I personally felt that both of Johns twin FED were way better than my FED.

Chris…….you have no idea how cool it was to hang out with you at DSC 10……..you are the BEST little Brother!!!!!……..I thought your build looked Awesome and for 17 years old it looked brand new……..like Bob said, The Vega F/C is a totally diffirent story and believe me when you are finished……..it will make history…….give Cooper a big hug for me :)

John.... Thanks Brother!! I had a blast hanging out with you and Paul this past weekend. It went by way too fast. I am proud of this build for being as old as it is. I can finally call it completed. Cooper is already missing you and paul... :lol: He loved you guys.

Here are a few shots as promised: Tomorrow (tuesday) I will take some pics of it out in the sun when I get home from work and post them for you. But here are a few. I couldn't get the lighting right so the pics didn't turn out that well. Here they are.....

PlasticModels5511-vi.jpg

PlasticModels5551-vi.jpg

PlasticModels5621-vi.jpg

PlasticModels5641-vi.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Chris…….beautiful pictures……..such a Badd A$$ model…….I love it!!!!!………thank you for the hospitality Paul and I are truly thankful…….and Cooper is the coolest dog ever!!!!!………I love that dog………this build in person is a treat to see…….great model Chris

Thank you all for the kind comments and for following along on this build. I can now call it completed as it is finished. Here is a shot of it and you find the rest of the finished shots over in the Under Glass section. I have provided a link below. Thank you.

PlasticModels6451-vi.jpg

UNDER GLASS PICS:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88413

Edited by Mooneyzs

This turned out Fantastic!!! I really enjoyed following it come together and the end result is well worth the wait. I can believe how awesome sight it must have been to see this one and John Teresi's Front Engine Dragsters together at the contest table... Your detailing is super nice and clean. The engine looks like it could be fired up any moment! Paint job is really nice, too and the overall look is just perfect. I wish I could do this good job some day. Congrats, this is one of the best Dragsters I've ever seen... In the same category as John's FEDs. Very Nice!