Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best detailed 1/25 or 1/24 348/409 Chevy

Opps I put this in general section. It should have been here.

Which 1/24 or 1/25 kit has the most detailed 348/409 Chevy engine? I'm not cocerned about the intake manifold or headers. Well maybe the three 2 barrel manifold would be OK

Thanks,Smokey

Yep the AMT Impala has very nice 348 BBC and so does the Revell '58 and '60 Impalas also. AMT '62 Bel Air (The Bubbletop Version) has nice 409, but IMO the best one comes with Revell's '62 Impala. But if you want to have a TriPower, then you'll need a 348, since there was no TriPower setup available for 409.

If you use the Z11 parts from the Super Stock '62 BelAirs then strictly speaking it's a 427.

Oh yes, didn't remember the kit had those Z-11 parts also, even if I'm trying to score one of those as a basis for my '63 Impala Z-11 Project...icon_redface.gif

I think (from memory - so don't quote me!) that the convertible AMT '62 Chevy is the one to go for as it has all the optional engine parts from all the other versions of the kit.

Maybe someone could confirm that?