Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg Impala!!!!!!!

cruz

cmaroconcept050.jpg Sorry guys, didn't realize I was missing the water hose, now where the heck is that thing??????? :D:oB)

I'm constantly amazed at the details I see in a photo that I don't see by looking at the model. Sometimes I think I'd be better off focusing a camera on my bench and then using the monitor to see what I'm doing.

This is a beautiful build. Keep the pictures coming.

Outstanding! Very clean build, and the colors are just right on this car. B) I'm not much for stockpiling kits, but I sure wish I had picked up a few of the bubbletop version when they were still around. Once I find one, I might just steal the color scheme from you. ;)

Outstanding! Very clean build, and the colors are just right on this car. B) I'm not much for stockpiling kits, but I sure wish I had picked up a few of the bubbletop version when they were still around. Once I find one, I might just steal the color scheme from you. ;)

Lindberg is in the process of reissueing all of their model car kits. You should soon be able to buy as many Impala kits as you want.

That's a real beaut Cruz! :D

It's hard to believe the changes from one year to the next, yet the '59 to '64 Impala's are essentially the same car.................just different sheetmetal and interiors.

If they're releasing the '61's again............I have to get the convertible. For some reason I never picked this one up when it was out. <_<

I have to agree with everyone else...beautiful build. Great finish on that paint. I also never thought of this year Chevy in silver. When I close my eyes, I can see a 61 Impala in triple red with white trim. The silver is a nice change of pace. I have a coupe 61 that I am planning to do in deep blue one of these days. P.S. Tom, that light metallic blue coupe looks great so far. I want to see that when it is finished.

again very nice but question for ya how did ya go about painting the white side trim Im need to start this one up again...

MVC550S-vi.jpg

Hey Tom, glad you like it. For primer I used the white Plasti-Kote and before painting the model I taped the primered stripe and when done simply clearcoated everything. I liked it even more because for some reason it came out like a sort of bone white which I thought gave it more of a correct look in conjuction with the silver Tamiya Lacquer I used. Loved the color you chose for yours, you should finish it man :rolleyes::D

Boricua,

That's a Beautiful cruiser. The color combo is stunning. I particularly love the wheels and the white letter tires in the back, blackwalls in front. It gives it a 70's flavor to it with a hint of performance, not just looks.

Thumbs up!

Thanks,