Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gasser & AWB Community Build (Started.)

W-409

Both builds look good! Rob's stance is just perfect, I really like the white walls.

Ian's door looks excellent, that opened vent is excellent idea, too, never thought of doing it.

I took the Plymouth on the bench again, I'll post some pics tomorrow. Engine is getting there, and I also started making the rear fender wells of the body bigger to fit those slicks in.

Looks good, Rob! Primer wouldn't be bad choice for it either, it looks excellent.

Here are some pics of my Plymouth.

The kit is AMT/Matchbox productions, and I bought it some time ago with decent price. Engine is Chevy Big Block, but it needs some more work, I'm planning to change the Blower hat/ Injector and doing some cleaning.

PA010266.jpg

PC180435.jpg

PC180436.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi like to add a few that i have on the go. Still have to get around to finishing them this may give me the motivation to finish them. Hope they fit the criteria of this post. Cheers and thanks for looking.

models059_zpse6aef6bc.jpg019_zps6c63b331.jpgmodels018_zps0d0552c5.jpg017_zps016dbcfb.jpg022_zpsf1725ef3.jpg021_zps33b295ba.jpg032_zpsd00d423f.jpg

Edited by vc273

Hi this one is probably not for the die-hard but a more modern take on the 40 willys gasser for the street. Started with the pro-street kit and a big john kit gasser. Cut the front chassis off the gasser and also removed the pro-street front chassis and grafted the gasser front to the pro-street chassis. Opened up the trunk and have added a fuel cell and battery. Filled the hole where the scoop used to poke through. Interior wise have chosen later model buckets with the gasser door cards which both have very similar patterns and still retaining the old school look. I have used a 426 hemi from the sox and martin kit and added a cross-ram manifold with a couple of big carbs. Found some rims and tires from the parts box and have basically mocked it up to see how it looks. Cheers and thanks for looking

models068_zpsef7d55ed.jpgmodels067_zps0bd02240.jpgmodels070_zps9e95d2cb.jpgmodels071_zps61699c3f.jpgmodels073_zpse0c946a6.jpgmodels072_zps0aefb132.jpgmodels074_zps53b415d4.jpgmodels069_zpsd2f7a400.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just adding another to the collection. Started with a 33 willys sedan as a glue bomb bought on ebay along with another 11 models that are near the same condition. Unfortunately didnt take any pics in my haste in stripping it down. Was missing the front springs, rear springs were broken, induction was missing and painted in what looked like house paint applied with a brush. After stripping made a new set of front springs and modified a quick change rear end and springs to replace the nine inch and broken springs, also added some wheelie bars from the parts box. Got the body up to scratch, filled in the roof, a couple coats of primer and then a couple of coats of satellite brown was sprayed. Rubbed back with 1500 then 2000 grit and added some parts box decals. Have used the base of the 427 motor and added my own hilborn fuel injection and parts box headers. Still heaps to do will update as i go along. Cheers and thanks for looking.

026_zpsf54924f6.jpg023_zps2f575278.jpg022_zps9c629844.jpg027_zpsec8df410.jpg

003_zps9a1de938.jpg006_zps69d99579.jpg005_zps9b0b592b.jpg002_zpscc71765b.jpg

Edited by vc273

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job guys on them all! B)

It seems to be easier to start a new project, than finish old ones. :rolleyes:

I decided to build NHRA Legal Gasser from Lindberg's '40 Ford Coupe that comes with the kit where is also that Dodge L700-Truck. This will be built to match the 1963 Rules.

I started from the chassis....At first I thought this is going to be a bit easier project, but the chassis showed immediately, that it won't. Lindberg has molded the Exhaus pipe to the chassis, and it can't be removed without making damage to the floor pans. So I decided to cut the Floor away. After that I started cleaning the frame, but there is still a lot more work to do with it.

Engine will be Oldsmobile 394 Cid V8 that was produced from 1959 to 1964. It will have A Blower to make this Ford bit faster. With that engine combination, it will go to A/GS.

DSCN2017.jpg
DSCN2014.jpg
DSCN2015.jpg
DSCN2019.jpg
DSCN2020.jpg

It seems to be easier to start a new project, than finish old ones. :rolleyes:

Yes it seems to be!

I smoothed the Ford's engine with putty. And while it was drying, I had to continue an old, stalled Gasser project of mine. It is '50 Austin Gasser by Revell. It will be built mainly OOB, with added details and engine swap, the Ford engine from the kit just didn't look good. And because I'm a Chevy guy myself, I think 427 BBC will handle this one well. It will be Hilborn Injected. The block is from Monogram 1/24 kits, not just sure which one. I glued the halves together, sanded the seams and then I filled few mold mistakes I found. Tomorrow I hope to get it primered.

P5160001.jpg

P5160018.jpg

DSCN2035_zpsfcdac6ce.jpg

DSCN2033_zpsaa152370.jpg

Also the kit's Frame didn't look very good. A lot of sanding, smoothing and work to do. It looks much better in picture than it really is.

DSCN2037_zps395f7966.jpg