Model Cars Magazine Forum

pets.....

tubbs

Got the highs and lows of being a pet parent to furkids. We've lost 4 older dogs to cancer/old age in the last 2 1/2 years, but have added 4 'new' rescues...being doing fostering as well. Terriers are my thing--Westies, Yorkies, Aussies... no matter how my work day has been, coming home to my 4 legged friends is always a treat..

I am a bit OCD and for years I did not want a dog. It is tough with the jumping up on things, etc etc, well it just was not something I wanted to deal with. After 17 years the wife decided tough and she brought home Henry. I could live with him, or get out.

Well... he is still tough on the OCD and he does get into stuff, but yeah I fell for him LOL. He is now 5 mos old and pushing 35 pounds. Pit mix, but not sure the "other". He has huge paws, and somewhat short legs at this point, and is the only dog I ever came across that does NOT like peanut butter,,,,,,he will eat anything but that.

He spends time in the model room, but is good and stays at the door, and does not get into anything, unless the wife runs the vacuum, then he is under my feet. Still a puppy really I guess. Oh, and I have never seen a dog that sleeps on his back as much as Henry, and he Snores, a lot.

post-8985-0-69217800-1393610542_thumb.jp

post-8985-0-57290000-1393610557_thumb.jp

post-8985-0-04469100-1393610558_thumb.jp

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark

great looking dog Mark, seem you have it under control. my guy loves to eat anything that is not food!! I hear when a dog or any animal lays or sleeps on his back, he is totally comfortable with his surroundings. looks like you got a keeper.

I had never seen or heard of a Japanese bobtail before are they born that way or do you dock the tail like a cocker spaniel?

Japanese Bobtails are born that way. ;) Yori is interesting in that she has tabby markings.........the Japanese highly desire the Calico ones for some reason. I thought about having her bred as they're kinda rare, but with the howling at all hours of the night because she was in heat and I'm trying to sleep, just got to be too much! She was fixed about 3 years ago, and things are much more peaceful.

Not to mention I'm not in a position to have to take care of a houseful of cats! These two are enough!

Japanese Bobtails are born that way.

[T]he Japanese highly desire the Calico ones for some reason.

The Calico-marked cats are highly-desirable to the Japanese as those markings / colours represent the Maneki Neko ("Beckoning Cat") . This is the cat whose statue is typically raising one hand or the other --sometimes both-- which means "Luck" , "Fortune" , Health" , etc. , etc.

Its medallion has varied passages , written in Kenji ( Japanese language ; the 'characters' ) .

post-6643-0-02102400-1393642608_thumb.jp

This is Tama (official title Super Station Master Tama) whose presence is credited to the new-found fortune of the train station's condition and ridership

post-6643-0-33924100-1393642643_thumb.jp

"Typical" Maneki Neko statue

post-6643-0-08501100-1393642686_thumb.jp

This was today. We had the carpets cleaned, so my wife put the odgs outside. We have a gopher problem and my dog thinks he is one. I came home to this

http://youtu.be/ucrh2DNKf0g?t=1m5s

That is one determined dog!

great looking dog Mark, seem you have it under control. my guy loves to eat anything that is not food!! I hear when a dog or any animal lays or sleeps on his back, he is totally comfortable with his surroundings. looks like you got a keeper.

I have heard that as well. Mi wife has a bunch of pictures of him sleeping on his back, but poor thing, looks so exposed in the pictures I just could not bring myself to post them. LOL

That is one determined dog!

I have heard that as well. Mi wife has a bunch of pictures of him sleeping on his back, but poor thing, looks so exposed in the pictures I just could not bring myself to post them. LOL

Back when I was young there was a photo of my sister holding up our family dog so that he was in view. I remember my grandmother exclaiming, "You can see his essentials!" We laughed and my sister and I referred to it as his "essentials" from that day forward.

• 3 weeks later...

TJ- that is not a goose. My wife makes a similar error. The second my Ted the dog finishes eating she starts yelling, "Let him out right now!" I yell back that he's not a goose. He doesn't poop as he eats! He can wait a few minutes. Hamster.. hmmm... maybe he is a goose. Those hamster buggers poop all the time.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Speaking of pets....

A model builder is walking in the woods and hears a small voice. He looks down and there's a frog on a log who says, "Help me! A wicked witch turned into a frog. If you kiss me I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and I'll be yours forever and do anything you want!"

The model builder picks up the frog, looks at it and says, "I'm a very busy model builder, I don't have time for a girl friend, but a talking frog is cool!" So he put the frog in his top pocket and continued his walk.

My kids had hamsters and gerbils at one time and of course cats also. Now that the kids are out of the house we have no more pets, and it's kinda nice being able to go on vacation and not have to make arrangements to have pets taken care of. Of course my pulmonary doctor who treats my asthma also recommends no pets. I would LOVE to get another cat, but with newer carpeting throughout the house, and some relatives allergic to cats, it's just not gonna happen. Oh well.

Speaking of pets....

A model builder is walking in the woods and hears a small voice. He looks down and there's a frog on a log who says, "Help me! A wicked witch turned into a frog. If you kiss me I'll turn back into a beautiful princess and I'll be yours forever and do anything you want!"

The model builder picks up the frog, looks at it and says, "I'm a very busy model builder, I don't have time for a girl friend, but a talking frog is cool!" So he put the frog in his top pocket and continued his walk.

:lol:

Well....I'd make time for a princess if she was a nice princess. But the talking frog is cool.

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575