Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is disgusting

Quick GMC

This guy's 45 years of experience gaurantees your satisfaction.

Just at a glance: •The bumpers don't fit well •you can see the blue plastic on the chrome parts where it was poorly prepped and not touched up • The seams are horribly visible on the hood scoop •No foil •sloppy prep and paint on the trim •the wipers aren't foiled or painted •pieces of sprue still attached to the valve covers •the rear glass is crooked •the emblems aren't painted.

I'm not a great model builder and I don't normally pick apart people's work, but when you're presenting something as professionaly built, it shouldn't be a giant pile of BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILL-GRUMPY-JENKINS-1966-NOVA-SUPER-STOCK-GRUMPYS-TOY-1-24-PRO-BUILT-MODEL-/201020205158?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2ecdbce866

Ya `kno…. I bite my tongue with severe criticism of other people's builds. I've seen some builds I find incredibly well-executed and professionally built that amuse me no end for reasons I'll keep to myself, but this guy is a Bozo.

I've added him to my e-Bay Feed. Whenever I feel bad about a build grinding me up, I'll visit his auctions. Bound to make me feel better. :lol:

45 years of building experience can only mean one thing. Each year is spent relearning what he learned in the prior year. I don't remember the last time I saw someone use sewing thread for wires. Any of these models would get zip at any contest I have ever judged. He would get last in a one vehicle category! Those are really terrible! Are we sure this isn't a joke?

And a very period correct '62 Catalina!

Love the spaghetti plug wires!! Very correct color for 1962!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-PONTIAC-421-SUPER-STOCK-PRO-BUILT-1-25-SCALE-PLASTIC-MODEL-/201022484274?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item2ecddfaf32

I would not be so harsh if he had not advertised it as "Pro Build" sorry, Built!

:lol:

That car has a matching blue battery

Well he's got 100% positive so he must be doing something right . I wonder if the people buying these know what is actually possible with plastic .

It's pretty obvious. The models are the transportation device for drugs. Just pop the body off of one of these poorly built models and you will find enough coke to get you life behind bars. :lol:

the truth is, if this guy was posting those cars here, no one would be saying anything. or they would be heaping praise on them (and, imo, rightly). the problem seems to be the guys self-description, not the cars.

personally, I don't think they are all that bad and the "pro built", "45 years experience" stuff is the normal hyperbole you hear so much of these days.

I say leave the guy alone; if you don't like his stuff, don't bid on it.

jb