Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Did You Get Today? (Not Model Related)

LOBBS

Pennsylvania car registration renewals all came in the mail today... so I went outside and applied the stickers to my license plates. Now I get to ferry cars to my local garage for state inspection. Yea, all five cars are due! Argh! Silly Pennsylvania still makes you do an annual inspection.

Bought this silly thing for getting some exercise around the neighborhood. I changed the seat to a Cloud 9 and changed the rear gear from an 18 to a 22 to make it easier to pedal.

tiresandbike003_zpsa7e3f965.jpg

Whoa what size are those wheels??

Can you straighten your legs on that thing while pedalling?

How tall are you?

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just carpin' ya

....but seriously.... what is that?

Whoa what size are those wheels??

Can you straighten your legs on that thing while pedalling?

How tall are you?

HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just carpin' ya

....but seriously.... what is that?

It's just a cheap 200 dollar bike I ordered from Wallyworld. It's a Mongoose Brute. It's a 26 inch with 4 inch wide tires. Not sure I would take to bike riding so I didn't want to begin with a more expensive bike. This caught my eye as being different and I like different.

My 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan is due for inspection and I noticed a head light was out. I wanted to get those Xenon bulbs, so I popped onto eBay and ordered a pair about noon time yesterday. And guess what? They were in today's mail! They came USPS First Class mail from California to Pennsylvania in less than 24 hours! Frickin Amazing!

I also ordered new headlights since mine are frosted over. When I saw I could buy a brand new pair for $63 postpaid, I couldn't resist. Especially since I have to remove the headlight to change the bulbs. May as well put on new ones. I guess those will show up in another day or so!

Correction - The headlights are here too! FedEx Ground from Virginia. Just found them outside the garage door!

And when model car sellers on eBay get told they were slow shippers (even though they were within the eBay time limits), this is why!

Edited by Tom Geiger

It's just a cheap 200 dollar bike I ordered from Wallyworld. It's a Mongoose Brute. It's a 26 inch with 4 inch wide tires. Not sure I would take to bike riding so I didn't want to begin with a more expensive bike. This caught my eye as being different and I like different.

What's the weight limit on that bike.?

Sore feet!

The HTU I work for changed hands in March and the new owners have really turned the place around. On Saturday we beat the previous owner's best day ever over 17 years of ownership.............today, we beat Saturday with less staff on hand!

watch out with that efficiency...the layoffs will begin.

Merry Christmas modeling fans. I thought I would post a picture of my favorite gift this year, from my 12 year daughter. I would love to see pic's of my friends favorites they got this year.post-13844-0-02576100-1419522458_thumb.j

And now a pic with the beer I made on my topic, which was lost on the 25th due to a glitch on the forum thanks to technology. What a cool Christmas. Remember that it is the seasone to share, so post pic's people!post-13844-0-98905700-1419522919_thumb.j

Life is good my friends.