Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rust IS a color!

Jairus

Some of you might already know and some of you might be interested to learn. The rest can move on to the plastic...

For the last couple of months I have been designing Hot Rod t-shirts. The company is "Rat Hole Customs.com" and the theme is vintage and cool Hot Rod t-shirts. The company is getting set up with two multicolor turntable printers, a conveyor UV dryer, etc. All the trappings of a real print shop. Eventually we will be printing and selling our own shirts, but for the moment two other shops in town are hired to do the printing and we have been keeping them busy!

The web site went up last week and our first hot rod show will be in Albany Jan 18th 2011! On the table will be available over 12 NEW designs! Whoo hoo!

Take a moment and check out the site. We are also on Facebook!

Last few days I have been down at the shop folding, bagging and tagging shirts. But while down there just an hour ago....we just got this one in! It's my favorite! :lol:

Rust_is_colorPROOF2-vi.jpg

The colors came out perfect and is printed on either grey or tan shirts. Tomorrow I'll bag them up for Saturday. I predict it will be our best seller.

Those of you in the Willamette Valley and the surrounding area... come on in and check us out! The show will be great, the booth features a real Rat Rod as the center attraction and the local Salem model car club is hosting what will be the biggest mid-valley model car show yet!

Saturday only, Jan 18th Albany Oregon Fairgrounds. See you there! :angry:

It's Sunday morning after the show and I am beat.

Here's a picture of our Rat Hole Customs booth at the Albany Rod & Speed show during a lull in the crowd about noon.

P1010195-vi.jpg

We came loaded with many shirts printed in M, L, XL and XXL... but sales were soft. Just not a lot of people heard about it I guess. Of course it rained hard all day, but I think the promotion of this show is pretty bad. The model car guys had a hair over 135 models on the tables for judging plus about two dozen "in-progress" displays. Numbers were up, quality was up and there were at least two vendors selling models.

Here is my little t-shirt airbrushing station...

P1010196-vi.jpg

Everything you see there including the compressor fits in the box for transportation to the shows.

Well... not quite the shirt press (for activating the ink), but you know what I mean.

Overall pic including Jeremy's cool 1935 Ratty Rod pickup which now sports hand painted logos on the doors.

P1010192-vi.jpg

Jeremy hung around all day, helped at the table when Mark was off hustling jobs and I was painting shirts.

He was a huge help, not the least of which was bringing the rod which attracted as much attention as the booth and shirts.

I think the economy in Albany/Jefferson is not yet on the recovery, because a lot of people came by saying that they loved the designs but couldn't buy right now.

Not a lot of selling went on at the show, with many of the vendors stating that it was a weak turnout in numbers and in buyers!

Regardless, Mark and I believe we are on the right track with our market nich and will be hitting the swap meet (same place) next week. Not to mention the Salem Street Rod show two weeks after!

While there Professional Pinstriper "Big Daddy Newsom" dropped by and laid down some beautiful lines on Jeremy's rod.

P1010194-vi.jpg

P1010198-vi.jpg

Bookmark our web site because we will be adding designs periodically throughout the year and hitting many shows in the NorthWest including the Pacific Northwest Model Car Fest (NNL) in April! See you there. B)