Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

took a break from the body work and made some mufflers out of aluminum tubing and sheet, added some welds, planning on exiting the exhaust out in front of the rear wheels with some cool tips that fit snugly into the body hopefully, no room inside the frame so they fit nicely outside, was worried they would be seen but they are hid pretty well unless you look close

IMG_2056-vi.jpgIMG_2057-vi.jpg

IMG_2058-vi.jpgIMG_2059-vi.jpgIMG_2060-vi.jpgIMG_2062-vi.jpg

thanks for looking

John, I hope all is well with you, I know you had a little set back, was sorry to hear that, all ways appreciate you checking in with your encouraging remarks, thanks brother

Yeah I'm doing great these days. Doctor adjusted some meds & I'm good to go! Been enjoying my Cuda as I'm along a little further than yours ;-)

Keep it up Bill. Your posts are the first thing I look for when I sign on.

Not to poop in the punch bowl, but.....

Bill. Have you considered putting this build on hold until the new Revell 'Cuda kit hits the streets? It's bound to be more accurate than what's availiable now. I had the test shot in my hands at NNL East. Aside from the belt line being a touch off , it looked really nice......

I mean, generations to come will be referencing this car as the definition of a Scale Model. :)

thanks Joel!

hey Joe how's the hand?? thanks bro

appreciate it Chris, these are all things that have been done before, just not by me, I am having a lot of fun with it

thank you Mike

appreciate the kind words Kevin

Jake I would love to, but as you said, would take a whole bunch of money!

John thats great to hear! thanks so much buddy

you are too kind Ray, you never know untill you try, thanks for checking in

hey Alyn, yea all of the bars on the cage was fish mouthed, does make for tight joints, I will fix the muffler thing :huh: thanks brother

Not to poop in the punch bowl, but.....

Bill. Have you considered putting this build on hold until the new Revell 'Cuda kit hits the streets? It's bound to be more accurate than what's availiable now. I had the test shot in my hands at NNL East. Aside from the belt line being a touch off , it looked really nice......

I mean, generations to come will be referencing this car as the definition of a Scale Model. :)

hi John, I have been waiting patiently for it to hit the shelves!! unless one comes out pretty quick, I'll probably just have to live with this one, I'm fairly happy with this body, I bought another older revell 71 Cuda earlier at a swap, the body is totally different! and kinda out of proportion, I was very disappointed , you are too kind my friend!

Truly exceptional work my friend, this is gonna be absolutely awesome!!!!

thank you so much Mr. Cruz, means a lot

Hey Bill. Builds like this make me thrive forwards and keep building, it's so motivating.

But may I ask what thickness brass are you using for the interior and boot and where can I get some?

Also, you're doing a hell of a good work!

Karl

I'm trying not to disappoint you Randy, that is a tough job!! :unsure:

hi Karl, I am using .010 brass, it is made by S-K that i get at a local hobby shop, you can purchase it on line I'm sure, S-K makes all sorts of metal for hobbies, just about any thing you want in any thickness, thanks so much

hi Karl, I am using .010 brass, it is made by S-K that i get at a local hobby shop, you can purchase it on line I'm sure, S-K makes all sorts of metal for hobbies.....

Forgive me for correcting you, but are sure you didn't mean to advise on K&S brass? That's the brass supplier (to my knowledge...) for the hobby.

I'm trying not to disappoint you Randy, that is a tough job!! :unsure:

hi Karl, I am using .010 brass, it is made by S-K that i get at a local hobby shop, you can purchase it on line I'm sure, S-K makes all sorts of metal for hobbies, just about any thing you want in any thickness, thanks so much

If I may ask, what hobby shop in this area carries a good stock of scratch building supplies?

I'm looking for scale hardware specifically & a couple of google searches hasn't revealed anything yet.

Edited by Ognib

If I may ask, what hobby shop in this area carries a good stock of scratch building supplies?

I'm looking for scale hardware specifically & a couple of google searches hasn't revealed anything yet.

For K&S brass and aluminum, the numerous Hobby Lobby and Westlake hardware stores carry sheet strip and tubing. Hobby Haven, Hobby Town and Doc's Caboose carry the K&S stuff, plus either Plastruct or Evergreen brand styrene strips, tubing, rods and sheet stock. Threaded fasteners down to 00-90 can be found at Hobby Haven and Hobby Town, but they don't seem to keep their stock up too well. The best resource for that is the internet.

Bill, most likely, threads his own miniature fasteners on the lathe, and extrudes his own tubing