Model Cars Magazine Forum

'40 Ford Coupe..Cadillac engine and Brass Double-Core Radiator

traditional

My current project is a '50s era traditional '40 Ford coupe hot rod and I've been detailing the Cadillac engine (Revell engine kit) with tri-carbs/mesh filters, linkage, fuel lines, plumbing etc. Then, I decided to make a handmade brass heavy duty rad to cool this large engine.....it's been time consuming but fun.
The model should be complete in the next few days, and the fuel lines will line up evenly once I can mount the fuel block to the firewall.

P2070737_zps201910f5.jpg

P2070735_zps843b9128.jpg

P2070734_zps31764a9c.jpg

Clifford:

Some very interesting work here indeed....

A question for you... I am assuming here that you added this detail to a diecast model.... which one did you use as the basis for the 40 Ford Coupe? ..... just wondering because I can't seem to place it....thanks....

B

Clifford:

Some very interesting work here indeed....

A question for you... I am assuming here that you added this detail to a diecast model.... which one did you use as the basis for the 40 Ford Coupe? ..... just wondering because I can't seem to place it....thanks....

B

Yes it's a 1st gear diecast '40 Ford coupe ....originally a $24 'Car Quest' diecast promo. I think that diecast is the best proportioned '40 coupe of all.....better than any plastic kits and even better than Danbury's versions. The dog-leg doors had to be modified into discreet hinges and all the '90s hi-tech details have been removed and modified into a traditional '50s style custom rod...transverse leaf springs and i-beam axle etc.

It's almost finished and as soon as it is, I'll post it on 'Under Glass'.

Edited by traditional