Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aston Martin DBS

vwdave92

I did this earlier in the year. It's OOB with some added decals (carbon engine bay braces and interior pieces) and then flocking for the carpet and a touch of BMF. Otherwise... just paint and a wonderfully molded kit. This is my favorite build to this point... used a lot ideas from other cars and techniques I've been learning over the years... sometimes it all just comes together.

phonestuff610.jpgphonestuff608.jpgphonestuff601.jpgphonestuff588.jpgphonestuff583.jpgphonestuff594.jpgphonestuff574.jpg

Great minds think alike.... Great job Dave!

Just got the re-release of this kit with the Aber PE detailing kit.... The disc-brake calipers are the bees-knees!! Can't wait to build it!

Cheers Dan

Would you mind post the what the P/E set looks like when you start on it ?

mine, not blue

am1.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Hey guys... thanks for the kind words. This is honestly my best build to date and one of the best kits ever!

The color is a mix of two different Testors lacquers decanted and sprayed through the air brush. Big Bad Blue and Icy Blue. I mixed them to get what amounted to a mild metallic slightly darker big bad blue. Alone it was too flat and the icy blue was the same problem but in the other direction... too metallic. I was nervous as hell but it worked great.

here's a picture of the engine bay as well. I looks AMAZING. Be careful putting the lettering on the intake... you wouldn't be the first to loose a letter. go slow then dab a little clear over it after your done.

phonestuff595.jpg