Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Van - Camper Trailer - Minor Progress 3-8-15

Not a fan of this sort of thing, BUT GAWD it looks GREAT........... I myself just could not have brought myself to cutting up a Dodge van, but you done an awesome job at what I couldn'tve done!!!!!!!!!!

NICE work! LOVE ABSOLUTELY LOVE the weathering job!

IMG_2538-vi.jpg

Thanks John! See photo above, the camper body came about in building the purple pickup some 10-20 (lost count!) years ago. It was sitting in the junk box and often in my paint booth using it as a paint stand all these years. One day I held it up and thought I'd do something with it. So it's pretty much a project from scrap. Less frugal guys would've tossed the van body (missing both ends) years ago!

I haven't had time to build at all this year. The start of the year also starts the heavy NNL East prep period, and I went to GSL on the tail end of that. With all that behind me, I might just get to sit at the bench.... once my yard gets set up for the season!

Nice Tom!

I'd LOVE to get me hands on a useable Dodge van like that... BUT GAWD they're pricey these days! Finding the things is the other trick, they're old kits so..... I'm dreamin..... LOL I guess thats what I get for being a Dodge guy!

NICE work tho! Looks really good!

Edited by 426-Hemi

• 9 months later...