Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hasegawa Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa

Chillyb1

I just finished this one up. I really like this kit and love this car. I was imagining an Argentine privateer racing this one. For some reason that's what this color scheme makes me think of. The color is a Tamiya AS series paint but I can't remember which one. The white on the nose is Tamiya's TS-7 Racing White. I've added some photoetch stuff that was leftover from a previous 250 TR build.
DSCN2880.jpg
DSCN2891.jpg
DSCN2885.jpg
DSCN2888.jpg
DSCN2665.jpg

Pretty sure the colour is Tamiya AS-8 US Navy Blue ;)

I think that is probably correct but I no longer have the can near at hand.

Thanks for the kind words, folks. I really like this kit and am very pleased with how this one came out. It went almost flawlessly from conception to realization. I have several more of these in the stash and am already looking forward to the next one. I highly recommend the kit to any and all modelers with any interest in classic Ferraris or just European sports cars in general.

Curtis, that is really sharp. I'm going to be starting my build of this kit soon and I hope it turns out as nice as yours. Great use of color, too... it really looks period correct without imitating any existing livery.

That's exactly what I was going for: a period look without copying a specific example. I love that color and really wanted it to work. Fortunately, it does.

Beautifully built. Looks like it deserves a set of PE wire wheels, which Fujimi [Do you mean Hasegawa?] sells seperately for this kit.

It does deserve it, but I didn't have a set. I do have wire wheel sets for the other kits in my stash but wanted to do this one mostly box stock. Hasegawa did a great job on the wheels and I wanted to build at least one of these just to see if the kit wheels were passable; I think they are.

Very nice work Curtis. I admit to having a thing for Ferraris. :wub: Is your choice of colors skill ful imagineering, or is it based on a real scheme?

The color scheme is invented. I bought the paint and didn't have any particular project in mind for it, but really loved it. It came to me in a flash of inspiration to use it on this Ferrari. I do think it looks quite period correct even if it wasn't ever used in reality.

Beautifully built. Looks like it deserves a set of PE wire wheels, which Fujimi sells seperately for this kit.

Actually not Fujimi - it's Hobby Design and KA models (Korea) who make PE wires for this kit - sorry for my confusion. But I think your model looks great with the kit wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually not Fujimi - it's Hobby Design and KA models (Korea) who make PE wires for this kit - sorry for my confusion. But I think your model looks great with the kit wheels.

Hasegawa sells a set for this kit and I used it on my previous 250TR build (the photo in my avatar). KA Models makes a beautiful pe set for this kit but I've not see their wheel set in person. I have the Hobby Design pe set (x2), which is very nice but it requires that you adapt the kit wheels to accommodate the wire pe parts.