Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone making the New Kenworth or Peterbilt semis?

Would be nice to see some modern medium duties too. Something like the old Ford C series and Louisville kits, Ford F-650, Chevy / GMC Top Kick, IH7300, Freightliner M2, Peterbilt 330, KW T270/370 etc. I'm not fussy I'd take any of these.

Hi,

It'd be great to have a modern Kenworth or Pete. Moebius have done a great job with the Internationals and trailer kit (from what I've read and heard, haven't had personal experience yet) so I'm sure they'd have success. Wonder if its choice or licencing issues that has influenced their decisions so far?

Got word a few weeks ago that italeri is in the midst of doing some "Modern Stuff" ie...pete 387, kw t2000, cascadia stuff!...the only issues right now is the "Licensing" issues to make them...i even asked them about some modern engines...so we will see... :blink:

Edited by bandit1

Got word a few weeks ago that italeri is in the midst of doing some "Modern Stuff" ie...pete 387, kw t2000, cascadia stuff!...the only issues right now is the "Licensing" issues to make them...i even asked them about some modern engines...so we will see... :blink:

That would be SOOOO cool!

That sounds very interesting! W900L! Please,please,please!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by BigBad

I would like to see Moebius do a Peterbilt 389 or a W900L with a Cummins ISX engine. I agree that Moebius has done a great job with the Lonestar and the new trailer. If they made a model with a Cummins ISX engine, you could even put that motor in other trucks and make them more modern.

Why does everyone want a W900L or Pete 379 or 389? These are readily available as conversion kits. If a new truck kit is to be released wouldn't it be better to have something that is completely new that doesn't already have something similiar on the afternarket? Like a Cascadia or a Pete 387 or 587? Why would anyone kit a T2000? Its been out of production for a while. A T660 or a T700 would be a better option.

I think a Mack granite and Titan would be a good option as well. We have them in Australia. Our kenworths are different to yours. But our aftermarket modeling scene for Aussie kenworths is good. Also the new conventional freightliner would be a good option for moebius. Just my 2c.

AITM sells these "Modern" hood conversions mastered by Tim Alhorn:

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/hc1peterbilt386.html

http://www.aitruckmodels.com/pages/hc2peterbilt367heavyhood.html

While they headlights are cast into the hood, I am sure our more creative members could come up with a solution...

Hmmmmmm, like having a pic of the real thing!!

HPIM4102_zps272252b5.jpg

For some reason, the big dummy that took the pic only got a nice shot of the passenger side headlight! These are the best one's of the driver's side I have,

HPIM4093_zps9a90b8f9.jpg

HPIM4095_zpsd1c669a0.jpg

And no, I can't get a better pic, I no longer have the truck!! On a side note though, to make a 386 Pete like this one, you would also need the ultra cab conversion from Eric @ P&P Resins, not to mention all the 2006 to present interior pieces.

http://www.ppvintagekits.com/images/PETERBILT_ULTRA_CAB.jpg

Why does everyone want a W900L or Pete 379 or 389? These are readily available as conversion kits. If a new truck kit is to be released wouldn't it be better to have something that is completely new that doesn't already have something similiar on the afternarket? Like a Cascadia or a Pete 387 or 587? Why would anyone kit a T2000? Its been out of production for a while. A T660 or a T700 would be a better option.

Which W900L are you talking about? If its the early one, yes P&P resin has one. As far as the modern ones... There is none that I know of, unless you have a source I don't know about. For Peterbilts, everybody and their uncle caters to those.

Nice looking Pete, Matt. How did it ride? What was under the hood?

It rode like words that cannot be used on this forum!!! :lol:

Actually Jim, it really didn't ride too bad unless I had a heavy load or a load I couldn't (or was just to lazy to :lol: ) balance correctly, then she was like a bucking bronco! As for (lack of) power, she had a 425 Cummapart backed with a straight 10 and probably around 2.73 gears, I was too lazy to crawl that far under to look at the axle tag!

All I know, since my medical issues are mended and I may be going back to work within the next week or two, I REALLY hope I get a Freightliner or Intertrashinal this time around. The old Classic XLs with 470 and 500+ Detroits I drove in the beginning of my career spoiled me and that Pete or their Kenworth cousins can't hold a candle to those Classics!